TorqueTube and Index, where to find?

The 37-38 Buick Club has been gone for many years. Jim Forshey kept up the site to maintain access to the old issues of the Torque Tube. He recently decided to no longer keep the site up. The 36-38 Buick Club was formed by some of the members of the 37-38 Buick Club after the first club folded. With Jim's permission, I have now posted the issues of the Torque Tube on the 36-38 Buick Club website. You will find a link to all of the Issues of the Torque Tube on the club home page at: http://www.3638buickclub.org/. If you would like to receive current issues of the Torque Tube II newsletter of the 36-38 Buick Club, you will also find a membership application on the club website. I would encourge you to consider membership. If you are interested in receiving a .pdf sample of a recent Torque Tube II newsletter, let me know and I will be happy to send you a sample issue so you would get an idea of the sort of newsletter that our club members receive.

• Like 3

At this time, I have only posted the Torque Tube copies, including the index. That is all that was recently inquired about in a facebook group, which resulted in the conversation wtih Jim giving me permission to post them. I think I actually have all of Jim's other documentation as well, as he shared many items with me a few years ago. It is possible that I can post additional items on the club website, but my current limiting factor is that to keep costs down for the club, I don't purchase paid hosting services from my web company. I am hosting it all on a free Google Drive service. I had to delete a lot of old emails and other items that I had saved on my Google Drive to be able to post the Torque Tube issues. If there is a particular item that someone is looking for that was on Jim's site that someone needs, I will be happy to share it. 

On 6/2/2019 at 12:39 PM, Daves1940Buick56S said:

There was a lot of other stuff on there as well such as copies of the Radio manuals and lots of other documentation. Did you bring that over as well? And is the Index for the Torque Tube there also?

Cheers, Dave

I have "Index to 1937 - 1938 Buick Articles By Author.pdf"  Have put into excel using OCR software

Also have "Torque Tube Technical Index By Frank Freda". But have not been able to into excel. Would need to be typed.

Some of the scans that were in in "1937and1938buicks.com"  are not the good quality.  Better scans would be good.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, philipj said:

Same as Buicks, Buicks, I cannot find the TorqueTube nor the TorqueTube Index...

On 6/1/2019 at 8:29 PM, MCHinson said:

The 37-38 Buick Club has been gone for many years. Jim Forshey kept up the site to maintain access to the old issues of the Torque Tube. He recently decided to no longer keep the site up. The 36-38 Buick Club was formed by some of the members of the 37-38 Buick Club after the first club folded. With Jim's permission, I have now posted the issues of the Torque Tube on the 36-38 Buick Club website. You will find a link to all of the Issues of the Torque Tube on the club home page at: http://www.3638buickclub.org/. If you would like to receive current issues of the Torque Tube II newsletter of the 36-38 Buick Club, you will also find a membership application on the club website. I would encourge you to consider membership. If you are interested in receiving a .pdf sample of a recent Torque Tube II newsletter, let me know and I will be happy to send you a sample issue so you would get an idea of the sort of newsletter that our club members receive.

If you click on the link that I posted back in 2019 you can visit the 36-38 Buick Club website. On the home page of the site, scroll down to the Red text "Torque Tube Link". Click on the red text and you will find all of the old Torque Tube issues. The first pdf document listed is the index to all of the issues. 

• Like 1