1921 Dodge drag link

Don Jr.

Hi, Today's challenge is restoring I believe the correct drag link that connects the steering arm to the left front spindle. I found it in the back of the car and it is bare with no parts inside it. I tried Model A ford innards and they look like they fit. Would this be correct Also the hollow  link rod is bent a bit near the end of one side. Should the link have a bend from the factory or has someone bent it . Thanks, Don.

If the parts fit use them. You will need to compare your link with a correct one or good photo to see if it should have a bend. Minor bends if not original will affect the steering and may be able to be offset with font end aligning.

Hi, the drag link is correct for the touring. Well it turns out the drag link had a small chink in it. I was able to straighten it out. The model A drag link parts although fit inside the ends they come up too short for the link so I will have to hunt down the guts for both ends. Thought that was way too easy if they fit. Thanks for the info!!

• Like 1