Random 041

ChrisWhewell

JB welded the magnet a couple years ago.   Its likely a loose elec. connection, I'll go jiggle the wires.    Meantime, for fun, because everybody knows I'm big into fun, I calculate the centripetal force on the cam magnet at crank speed of 4,000 r.p.m. as being 175 Newtons, assuming a 4 gram magnet weight and a radius of rotation of 10 centimeters.    Fun !!    That's a lot of Newtons.

• 1 month later...

If there was a contest for the most electrical problems, I'd enter mine.    With AC on, driving down the road, the car becomes haunted and the AC switches from bi-level, to floor-only, then to discharging the cold air somewhere up inside the dash.   Minutes later, the original bi-level delivery returns, all on its own.     I've already changed the ECM b/c of a fault in it that didn't permit the rpm gauge to work.    I still have this intermittent 041.    Yesterday while driving the dash went black and the infamous ERROR message appeared.    Turning off the engine and re-starting it, cures it.     My next try will be to change the climate control box, when I find the spare time.