FAVORITE BUICK?

CAMAC

HI,<P>Favorite Buick?<P>My cousin had a 1940 Buick Special,if I remember right it was a four door model,a robins egg blue,with red wheels and whitewall tires.<P>One night we came out of a drive-in movie anf this kid in a "hotrod Ford" challenged her at the stop light,of course the rod got a sizeable jump on us,but after she let it wind out we passed the Ford like it was sitting still.<P>This was in the 50's,I'd say around 52/53.<P>The 40 was her pride and joy,and she kept it up really well.<P>If I could pick any other Buick than my cousin's 40 Special,it would be a 55 two post<BR>sedan.<P>I just like the looks of them.<BR><P>------------------<BR>MAC<BR>

1970 GSX, what else was there, that was so different that Buick ever have made, of course, I also like not in order, '38s, '40s, '56 of course, learn how to drive on one, '64 Electra, took the drivers test, '66 Wildcats, '70 Wildcats, the last of them, can't beat that!, '68 Gran Sport, My first GS, '70 GS and GSX, the ultimate Buick, '73 GS was like a driving a big car, but they rusted away. The '79-'85 Rivs are cool, and the '95-99 Rivs, my mom calls her '95 the "creampuff", but she really liked the '85 too(still has it) The Reatta is an interesting "baby" Buick, too bad they quit making 'em! They don't take up as much room in the garage, but I don't have one. And of course the black cars, the GN and the GNX, even though they were and still are "rattle" traps, I didn't buy one when they were new, have had 3, and still own one! AND any Buick the top goes down on is on the list! I know my list is too long and the garage not big enough! Then there's the little cars from hot wheels to matchbox to GMP Regals,Ertl GS' and Racing Champions, they sure don't take up as much room, but still need some maintnenance, clean the dust off them, especially if you take them out of the box!<P>------------------<BR>Roberta<BR>BCA TREASURER 2000-2001<BR>BCA PRESIDENT 1998-2000<BR>BCA VICE PRESIDENT 1997-1998<BR>WEBMASTER<BR>Director-Michigan Chapter- Gran Sport Club of America 1989-Present<BR>http://www.geocities.com/buickracer<BR>1956 Special 2 door Sedan<BR>1966 Wildcats<BR>1968 GS-400 Convertible 4-speed<BR>1970 GSX Stage 1<BR>1970 Skylark Racecar - 11.26, 118 MPH, 7/22/00<BR>1986 GN, 4800 miles

I hesitate to go into ancient history here, but my favorite has to be a 1937 Century Convertible that I owned in 1949. Rumble seat, sidemounted, black, tan top and red leather upholstery. Wish I still had it !<P>hvs<P>1914 Touring<BR>1924 Touring<BR>1955 Century 2dr HTP

What a difficult decision...<BR>Being a Buick Lover, I really like them all, with virtually no dislikes for any model!<BR>If I was tortured to give up all of them for just one, my favorite would be a 1967 Riviera GS. The '66-'67 Riviera not only had the perfect blend of luxury, performance, and trend-setting exterior styling, but a tremendous amount of thought went into the dashboard, interior door trim panels, and seats when the optional custom trim was ordered. For example, the custom trim interior door panels featured two door release handles; one for the front seat passengers, and one handle for the rear seat passengers, plus a clever, almost hidden, door pull that was integrated with the style of the trim! Rear seat backs were curved at the sides,blending with the side trim panels. The dash featured full analog instrumentation, unique drum speedometer reading up to 150 MPH, and the instrument cluster was shaped so no reflections of light could interfere with viewing the instruments (compare this with the reflections on the lenses of either style of '70-'72 Skylark instruments). Buick even made this Riviera look beautiful when the hidden headlights were in the OPEN position, headlights off, and with the hood open: something that few cars with hidden headlights can boast. <BR>The engine compartment even looks good, with the GS models using the bright red "Starwars" air cleaner.<BR>Happy Motoring!! <BR>

Here's some (gotta keep the list short smile.gif )<BR>In no particular order.<P>1. 66/67 Riv<BR>2. 63-65 Riv<BR>3. 95-99 Riv<BR>4. 70-72 GS (455 and 350)<BR>5. 87 Grand National/(and limited run GNX)<BR>6. 89 Reatta (I have one so...)<BR>7. 67 GS "400"<BR>8. 97-2001 Regal GS (as fast as a lot of the old "muscle cars", too bad very few know it)<BR>9. 84/85 Riviera T-Type (I have one of these too)<BR>10. 84/85 Regal T-Type (I have two of these)<P>I'll stop here although I haven't even mentioned any of the 40's and 50's Buicks... but I could!

65 Riviera! Every time I look at one I get all excited again. <BR>65 Wildcat because 65 Riviera never came with a 4-speed or convertible! <BR>70 GS 455 Stage 1 -C'mon, 510 ft-lbs, 'nuff said.<P>------------------<BR>Ted Nagel <BR>65 Wildcats <BR>65 Riviera <BR>65 Special Wagon 455 <BR>70 GS Stage1 4 Speed<BR>66 Fleetwood Brougham

This one is easy. 64 Wildcat X code 2x4 4-speed coupe. Did Buick make any other cars? (hehe)<BR>I also really, really like our 59 Electra coupe.

First I'd say the one I lost my virginity in, but that was a Ford. tongue.gif<P>We've had older posts like this one, and I've said this before; If the 1960 Buick was a Chevrolet design, it'd be on a postage stamp instead of the '57. The sedans may have been a little clumsy and the wagons <I> do </I> give the vague impression of Batman's bread truck, but the hardtop and convertible are as cohesive a fin era car design as you can find. Personally I prefer them even to the '59 Buick, which is a little to slab-sided for my tastes (but still among the very best).

1. ANY 1933 Buick (they are so rare, and a 1-year-only body style: The transition year between the boxy classics of the 1920s, and the streamlined cars that came afterwards!)<BR> <BR>2. All 1957 and '58 Buick. They are just gorgeous, in my book--not one line out of place on those '57s. Even the 4-dr sedan Special is great looking.<P>3. 1962 Wildcat--the first Buick with full console and floor shift Dynaflow--So sporty and such quality of materials.<P>4. 1949 Roadmaster sedanet (2-dr. post)<P>5. All 1936 Buicks (the styling screams "Art Deco" in every line)<P>6. Any side-mounted 1931 or '32--the first of the straight-8s, and they are SO classy with wire wheels and sidemounts<P>7. Any 1942 Buick--so incredibly rare because of the WWII production cut-off, and yet they are modern highway-capable cars in every sense of the word.

This is a tough assignment, because Buick built so many stand-out cars over the years. My personal favorite would be the 1965 Wildcat 2-door hardtop, which is one of GM's best-ever designs.<P>Other contenders for my warehouse, assuming infinite financial resources:<P>1937-38 Roadmaster 4-door convertible<BR>1937-42 Series 90 Limited, especially one of the ultra-rare '41 Brunn Customs<BR>1940 Series 80 Limited 4-door convertible<BR>1942-50 Roadmaster Sedanette<BR>1954 Skylark (more unique than the '53)<BR>1942-53 Estate Wagon<BR>1957-58 Century Caballero<BR>1959 Electra 225 4-door hardtop<BR>1961 Electra 225 convertible<BR>1963-64 Riviera<BR>1966-67 Riviera<P>The truth is, I love them all through the 1972 model year. <BR>

71 riv tops and <BR>70 gsx next<BR>anything over 18 feet long with a tri-shield badge<P>------------------<BR>Lee C.<BR>81 Electra Park Ave (350 original)<BR>83 Electra Park Ave (307 that wont die)

hahah, i have a list...<P>39 4dr sedan with sidemounts (great grille)<BR>49 roadmaster sedanette (thank you mr earl)<BR>59 electra 225 convert or 2dr HT. (that face!)<BR>65 riv (finally got the headlights right)<BR>66/67 riv (perfect lines)<BR>71/72 riv (unforgettable styling + 455)<BR>87 GNX (best of the buick muscle)<BR>95-99 riv (trunk looks a little long, but great car)<P><P>------------------<BR>allan<BR>--------------<BR>50 special, 455/th400<BR>64 stude gt hawk, 289/auto<BR>76 poncho GP, 400/th400

I would say my favorite Buick is my 1970 GSX that I have owned since 1977. Next in line are any 58's because that is the 1st car I can ever remember from my childhood. I just bought one of those. And after that any Buick that was made that I can afford, although I have been told by the boss no more for awhile. All I can do is imagine what I might have for a collection of Buicks if I won the lottery<P>------------------<BR>

I guess that there are as many favorite Buicks as there are Buick owners, but you see a trend on this forum. The 31-33 bodies appeal to the people who like the classic era ,the 36-39 bodies to the neo- classic era ,and the 53-60 era to the baby boomers who love the excess in everything! the last (but not least) group are the people who like to go fast! They prefer the GSX,the Wildcats,and the GN-GNX Buicks.I personally like the 37-40 styling and the go fast cars like the GSX and GN .<P>Joe Taubitz BCA#1308<BR>37 special coupe/455powered<BR>40 super convert/original<BR>57 special 2dr hd. top /on 72Electra chassis<BR>63 Electra 2dr hd. top /original/23K <BR>72 GS 455 convert /13.00@105MPH <BR>87 GN 2dr /original <BR>91 pk ave ultra/Momma's

Well, I have read the posts thus far and I concur...I really don't have ONE favorite Buick...But, Like Centurion, if money were no object heres a pretty good list of the faves...add'tl note...I have NEVER been left by the road by a Buick...that in itself says alot about the cars...<P> 61 Full Size...I've had 2, both Lesabres...good ride,tight car and DF Drive!!!<BR> 66 V-8 ABodies...my first Buick was a 43435...a Special wagon I saved from the boneyard...took my drivers test in it...parallel parking was a breeze!!!<P> 66 Wildcats, my most numerous Buick...I've had 3 and parted many out of local boneyards...thus the collection of parts I'm selling...Power,Style,luxury at a modest price...no bad for a F/Size car...was my 1st conv. too.<P> 58 Caballero wagon...not had one....yet!!<BR> All that chrome, 4dr h/t wagon...and Nailhead power smile.gif<BR> 55 60/70 series...My current problem...I have seen soooooo many of these at shows and have had many dreams of a cruise in one...mines not the prettiest, but will be the best running!!!! A lot of car and a sound investment. My 1st venture into the 50's. Seeking other 55 owners...drop me an Email smile.gif<P> 56 ....take your pick...the boobs were gone from 55....but still a clean ride...my shop teacher got one when I was in HS and redid it, not mint as he did a rinky dink job on the floors, but beautiful paint and interior...pink and white...loved that car<P> 73 Centurion, my first Buick w/Air and a 455...4dr, nice car...too bad it was horribly infested w/fleas...what power!!!<P> 67 A Bodies...I've has a Sprt wagon...340/400/3:42 posi...what a tight handling car...rust free too!!!<P> I am only 30, but have had almost as many cars as my years and over 1/3 are Buicks, followed by Ford trucks, but Buick don't make trucks!!<P> This is long, but there is soooo many good cars...the war era cars were/are very solid rides....a bit too pricey for me today though and lack of room smile.gif<P>

I like the 66-67 Rivieras the best.<BR>Second would be the 53 Skylark, then the '54.<BR>3rd...awww this could go on forever...! <P>Two local farmers had Buicks, I washed 'em as a teenager. One a '58 Black four door Limited, the other a '60 Black Electra 225 four door hardtop. I wish I had both of them now! \O/

Well, I have a 62 Electra 225, so that is definitely on the list. Others, in no particualr order,would be the 66 and 67 Skylark two door hardtops, the 60 Electra 225 convertible, the 65 Riviera, and more.<P>Brian

Guest 70 Electra

Dave@Moon has the right idea. I'll risk making some "enemies" by saying the 60 is the most beautiful and distinctive Buick of all. And for all the attention and $$ surrounding convertibles, it's actually the coupes that look the best!<P>Although often lumped together with the 59, the 60 appears (to my eye, anyways) a much more refined car. Those sculpted sides are like eye candy to me! (Can you imagine trying to straighten those quarters after an accident??!)<P>Runners up, in my mind, might include the 47/48 Roadmaster coupe or convertible, the 63/64 Riviera, the 66 Riviera, and the 65/66 Wildcat coupe.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Greg Cockerill<BR>BCA #36864<BR>1970 Electra convertible

Oh Boy! This chain is fun. I prefer cars that are suitable for drivers so my picks are not too exotic (or old) and can not pick a single car but would love any of the following (listed from old to "new"-<P>-35 2dr conv<BR>-37 " " or coupe (Century preferred<BR>-40 2dr conv (missed on an original owner<BR> Super for $625 in 1972 and am still in<BR> "mourning")<BR>-49 any 2dr model (especially like the <BR> Sedanette) but prefer coupes<BR>-53 Skylark<BR>-54 Super 2 dr coupe (1st car I had<BR>-55 Century 2 dr coupe (66C)<BR>-57 Caballero wagon<BR>-57 2 dr coupe or conv<BR>-60 Electra 225 conv<BR>-61 2 dr coupe or conv<BR>-62 - 63 Skylark coupe or conv<BR>-62 Wildcat (very clean design)<BR>-63 - 65 Riveria<BR>-65 Gransport coupe or conv<BR>-70 GS 455 Stage 1<P>Heck there have been a number of others (owned or lusted after) but the above pretty well covers it (if I had my "75 Years of Buick" here at work the list would be longer) I think. If I had the $$$ I would not need a garage - more like a parking structure!<P>Gene

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!!! Maybe mine's going to win!!!!! cool.giftongue.gif<P>By the way, the 1960's rear quarter are just part of the problem. Look at the curves along the door and fender as well. Anybody want to volunteer to be the long-board sander for me when a tear mine down for restoration? wink.gif<P>But man, they do look great when they're done! cool.gif

Me being a 55 owner, I gotta make a teensy weensy correction to Genes post...the 55's are "R" for the 2 dr h/t and "C" is the convertible...I got a 66 R awaiting my new set of pistons frown.gif<BR> As for the cars...I like the 4 dr flattops...a BIG car indeed<P> don55

"Camilla," my '62 LeSabre 4 door HT would have to take the #1 spot on my list since she's my first classic. My other favs (which I hope to own someday):<P>1960 Invicta 2 door HT<BR>1949 Roadmaster Sedanette (I'd settle for a Super)<P>

Guest oldtimer

having grown up in the late 70's early 80's when cars were boring, i would have to say a 1950 2dr. sedanette. the grille, the dash and the sloping back.

Here's My List:<BR>ANY 1959-1985 Full-Size RWD Buick<BR>The 1979-1999 Riviera<BR>ANY 1985-Present Park Avenue<BR>ANY 1985-1990 Electra (T-Type especially)<BR>ANY 1986-Present LeSabre<BR>The 1961-1963 Special (Good Little Car)

My all time favorite is the 1937 Century 4dr. I have had 2 1939 Specials and the first 39 I bought was for $75.00 in 1954. It was our Honey moon car. Just sold my 39 sure miss it, but did purchase a beautiful 54 Special 4dr, from a member of the BCA it is almost the same car as I bought in 1957, paid $400.00 for that one, this one was a little more.

My favorite Buick of all time is the Reatta, and after pine-ing away for one since it's introduction, I'm finally getting an '89. I'm in my early thirties so my favorite Buicks are from an era that will probably get me branded an idiot on this, my first post, but here goes:<P>1972 Riviera- Love that boattail!<BR>1984-85 Riviera <BR>1988-89 Reatta- Gotta have the screen.<BR>1989 Riviera- Classic styling + crt screen.<BR>1992-94 Skylark GS Coupe- Avant-Garde styling<BR> both inside and out.<BR>1996 Roadmaster Sedan- Very substantial<BR> looking, Corvette engine, Gives the name<BR> Roadmaster a real meaning (in the modern<BR> era).<BR>

Hey rawjaNYC... I too am in my early 30's...it dont get any earlier smile.gif...I have only had a handful of cars that were built during my lifetime!!!<BR> The cars you mentioned are good cars, but as for the boattails, they have never turned my crank...my fave Riv is the 66 and then the 69-70...Just my 2 cents smile.gif<P> don55