Looks like a good movie: 

This video has some great sound: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

look pretty cool! -  scene where Shelby makes Henry II cry is hilarious! 

• Thanks 1

The GT40 win at Le Mans and Jim Clark winning INDY with the Lotus Ford, is the end/beginning of two eras of motorsport, I'm in the old era. Bob 

I am looking forward to see it, worked at Ford when the Duce and was there, interesting times.

Is the storyline based on something real? I’m unfamiliar with the history of Shelby but I’ve heard of him.

55 minutes ago, Licespray said:

Is the storyline based on something real? I’m unfamiliar with the history of Shelby but I’ve heard of him.

REALLY?

• Like 1

a) Deuce,  Duce was an Italian

b) Lice: what country are you from ?

That is one movie I will definitely be going to see. Looks like a winner!!!

Lew Bachman, 1957 T-Bird Colonial White

1 hour ago, Licespray said:

Here you go: 

• Thanks 1

Australia, and it’s all before my time (born 1991). Never paid much heed to racing etc. but I am trying to learn as much as I can about..well..as much as I can :)

Thanks Brass is Best. I shall watch those as soon as I can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Licespray said:

.....it’s all before my time (born 1991). Never paid much heed to racing etc. but I am trying to learn as much as I can about..well..as much as I can :)

Just a brief recap for Licespray on a very interesting real life story.  Circa 1962 Henry Ford II announced that Ford would make an effort to be involved in racing in most major series in America and from 1962-70 they had a major presence. 

Legend has it that in 1963 Henry II approached Enzo Ferrari to buy his company and they reached a deal but Enzo bailed out.  An embarrassed Henry vowed to develop a sports car to beat Ferrari at LeMans and by 1966 they did, famously developing the GT40 and finishing 1-2-3 in triumph then winning again in 1967-69. 

Like most car movies I am sure this one has some “dramatic license” and I wonder about Henry II weeping in fright after a ride with Carroll Shelby but it is all a good story regardless, Todd C      

36 minutes ago, poci1957 said:

Just a brief recap for Licespray on a very interesting real life story.  Circa 1962 Henry Ford II announced that Ford would make an effort to be involved in racing in most major series in America and from 1962-70 they had a major presence. 

Legend has it that in 1963 Henry II approached Enzo Ferrari to buy his company and they reached a deal but Enzo bailed out.  An embarrassed Henry vowed to develop a sports car to beat Ferrari at LeMans and by 1966 they did, famously developing the GT40 and finishing 1-2-3 in triumph then winning again in 1967-69. 

Like most car movies I am sure this one has some “dramatic license” and I wonder about Henry II weeping in fright after a ride with Carroll Shelby but it is all a good story regardless, Todd C      

You are leaving out the number times he tried and failed before he succeeded .

And am now reading the book and if based on this am not sure I want to see the movie. I learned a long time ago the the media always screws something up and if you find one major item then how many didn't I find.

Am referring to the reference to Eric Broadley on page 87 and the Lola "test mules" on page 88. Revisionism at its worst. Have know something for a very long time that Ford did not design the GT40 from scratch. For one thing it is clear the interior was designed for European race divers ((most under 5'7") and not Americans. Why, well because they started with an existing design (and on I had in my college dorm) the 1962 Lola GT Mk6 which was designed before Ford didn't buy Ferrari but was designed to be a GT car, 40" high, carrying a small block Ford behind the driver, and to meet the FIA rules for LeMans.

Lola_MK6_GT_Car_2.jpg

Lola_MK6_GT_Car_9.jpg

They were a bit more than "test mules". If they got this rong who knows how else history was rewritten.