dc-8dave

***WANTED a set of four 1931 Dodge Brothers DG-8 wire wheel brake drums***

Posted (edited)

I would like to purchase a set of four 1931 Dodge Brothers DG-8 wire wheel brake drums. If you can provide me with a set please contact me through the AACA mail system. Here are a couple of pictures of what they look like. They are 12" drums with five studs holding the wheels on.

1-parts wanted 9.jpg

1-parts wanted 10.jpg

1-parts wanted 11.jpg

1-parts wanted 12.jpg

Edited by dc-8dave (see edit history)

I still seek these drums for my 1931 Dodge Brothers DC Standard Eight.

If you have the hubs and just need drums check out (hadcoengineering.com ) they have quite a selection of drums , there modern truck and trailer drums but they might be able to be machined to fit.  Worth   a look, something like this. 

CE29FF06-E390-4D03-88AB-91E211D7CE79.jpeg

Hello Kenendcindyc,

At this point in time I don't have even the hubs. Thank you for the idea.

Just yesterday I checked the local Dodge Brothers dealership and they said that these brake drums are out of stock! What a drag. In a perfect world there would be six sets on the self :)

"Out of stock" --- they have been "out of stock" for over 70 years now through that venue.......

You need to be at Hershey in Pennsylvania in three and a half weeks...... not around the corner for you, however.......

Hello Mr. Mobile,

Going to Hershey this year is not an option, I attended the 1996 and 2000 Hershey Swap Meet. I have time on my side since the car I need the drums for is currently 2nd in line. Chances are if one was to find these drums at Hershey they would be still attached to a set of axles. Thank you for the advise.