2019 Grand National Results

Auburn is a great event / venue. 

This year was my second trip out there for a meet.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to see much, but I have seen it before.

If you've never been to Auburn for the meet, GO!!  It's the best hidden secret of all AACA. 

The one time I went was when Auburn was closer to me than the spring meet so we chose Auburn and glad we did.  I won't go every year but would definitely go back.

The only thing I won't do is haul another fire truck all the way out there.  It's hard hauling those trucks all the way out there, and then once we get out there, most of our time is spent cleaning the truck getting it ready to be judged.  It's been a long time since we've taken something in an enclosed trailer to where we can unload the car and have it all clean and ready to go.  From the time we arrived in town, we worked on that truck until it either got too dark or was judged.

…..Never made it to the venue or any of the museums until Saturday afternoon.....

On 6/2/2019 at 9:10 PM, ex98thdrill said:

The only thing I won't do is haul another fire truck all the way out there.  It's hard hauling those trucks all the way out there, and then once we get out there, most of our time is spent cleaning the truck getting it ready to be judged.  It's been a long time since we've taken something in an enclosed trailer to where we can unload the car and have it all clean and ready to go.  From the time we arrived in town, we worked on that truck until it either got too dark or was judged.

Pat it was nice to see you and your Dad at Auburn. The new hauler you and your Dad are building sounds great. 

I totally understand your concerns about all the time necessary to clean your truck after the long drive on the hauler.

Have you and your Dad given any thought to a frame and tarp system on the new hauler to cover what you are hauling?

Over the years I have seen a number of soft sided car carrier transports. Maybe a variation of something like that would work for you?

Here is a company that makes coverings like I am thinking about. Maybe this might give you some ideas.

Another look at their products.

Charlie

Edited by charlier (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mark McAlpine

I want to thank the members of my judging team--Howard Finney, Ed Katz, Ted Metiva, and Bryan Valentine--for doing a great job--they were knowledgeable, fair, consistent, attentive to details, asked good questions, and fun to serve with.  What more could you ask for?  Thanks, guys!  

20190601_131903.jpg