Ongoing Teves Brake Problem

Last fall I experienced a antilock brake failure on the Teves system.  Since then I replaced the accumulator and obtained a NOS brake pressure switch for the Teves II system.  TC Parts directed me to a supplier for Buick Reatta parts in order to get this switch.  Before the switch was replaced the brake pump would run and cycle, however the antilock brake light was still illuminated after replacement of the accumulator.  The Reatta parts suppler also sent along a plug that would compatible with the current TC Maserati connection, however the wiring designation for the TC plug is different from that for the Reatta plug.  We initially supposed the A,B,C,E wire designation for the Reatta plug corresponded directly to the 1,2,3,4 of the TC plug, i.e. 1 would match with A, 2 would match with B etc.  Well this obviously is not correct as now the pump will not run and cycle. How does the wiring designation correspond for utilizing the Reatta switch wiring to the TC plug?  Can anyone help with this?   The Reatta switch has splines and the TC switch has pins.  Please see photo.

brake pressure switch connection.png

Edited by zagato
new info (see edit history)

On 6/1/2019 at 8:23 AM, zagato said:

Last fall I experienced a antilock brake failure on the Teves system.  Since then I replaced the accumulator and obtained a NOS brake pressure switch for the Teves II system.  TC Parts directed me to a supplier for Buick Reatta parts in order to get this switch.  Before the switch was replaced the brake pump would run and cycle, however the antilock brake light was still illuminated after replacement of the accumulator.  The Reatta parts suppler also sent along a plug that would compatible with the current TC Maserati connection, however the wiring designation for the TC plug is different from that for the Reatta plug.  We initially supposed the A,B,C,E wire designation for the Reatta plug corresponded directly to the 1,2,3,4 of the TC plug, i.e. 1 would match with A, 2 would match with B etc.  Well this obviously is not correct as now the pump will not run and cycle. How does the wiring designation correspond for utilizing the Reatta switch wiring to the TC plug?  Can anyone help with this?   The Reatta switch has splines and the TC switch has pins. 

So you are telling us that you cannot find a 4464005 pressure switch?  Then what you will need is the wiring diagram for the Buick Riatta ABS system, we can supply you with the wiring diagram for the TC.

Hi Hemi, I obtained a Reatta pressure switch from a supplier suggested by TC parts.  The Reatta switch came with a matching plug that needs to be wired into the TC system.  The Reatta plug has splines instead of pins like the TC and the pattern is different.  I obtained a wiring diagram from the Reatta blog.  If you could send me the TC wiring diagram that would be great.

12 hours ago, zagato said:

Hi Hemi, I obtained a Reatta pressure switch from a supplier suggested by TC parts.  The Reatta switch came with a matching plug that needs to be wired into the TC system.  The Reatta plug has splines instead of pins like the TC and the pattern is different.  I obtained a wiring diagram from the Reatta blog.  If you could send me the TC wiring diagram that would be great.

fullsizeoutput_1ad9.thumb.jpeg.9fec80bbe61344605bce49cfb5a0ea10.jpegfullsizeoutput_1adc.thumb.jpeg.715b9e3a00f6351f292987a239579716.jpegfullsizeoutput_1add.thumb.jpeg.619608cc2a3a83e92ad0705802ce2deb.jpeg