1996 Roadmaster Estate Wagon - $2800

B Jake Moran

50 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/west-des-moines-1996-buick-roadmaster/6899197290.html

Wow, this is a nice one. Great color - I think I see Vista Roof, leather, nice woodgrain, aluminum factory wheels, decently low mileage, later engine (better) and reasonable price.  The hobby sure is expensive.

00O0O_4cdF7PD3tCE_600x450.jpg

00909_8lQhIF3VI3E_600x450.jpg

Google "Hagerty top 10 bull market 2019" Be sure to look at and read about all ten, then post your reaction.

OK, all you folks you have made your fortune buying and selling old cars, raise your hand!

As was said, some of these would not be otherwise attractive. How many of us find ourselves leafing through Hemmings, longing for one of these cars?  I personally didn't care for the original Ford Bronco, let alone the behemoth it morphed into by the '80's. I guess those who see old cars as an investment vehicle (no pun intended), and are incredibly lucky and Hagerty's crystall-balling works for you, this could be good advice rather than just a topic for discussion. 

Ed

I saw that list.  I think GM and Buick inadvertently built a mild collectible car here, much more so than the frumpy 4 door Roadmaster sedan.  These wagons are simply cool and as for appreciation, meh, I would not buy one for that reason.  I think it would be a fun entrant in local "festival" shows amongst the Camaros, Mustangs and Corvettes. 

This one should be purchaseable for $2000 because it needs tires and brakes.   That's why he wants out, along with the oil leak, he does not want to put any more money into it.  On the new Craigs List I am not sure who sees this car. I tried to sell a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado and it did not matter what price I put on it, and my 1990 Reatta convertible, price wise these cars were in no mans land.  

Lots of folks looking for "free" cars, lots of SUV buyers looking for a dependable 2nd car, virtually no one looking for a 23 year old wagon, or Eldorado.  Not sure the seller would accept a $2000 offer, but if not, he's keeping it.