1925 Chrysler

I recently was asked to complete the restoration of a 1925 Chrysler B-70. The frame and drive train are completely finished (near concourse). The body is all there but is completely disassembled ready for restoration. The gentleman passed away and his wife would like me to finish the project. The issue for me is I can't seem to find any type of manual (if one even existed). It will be like trying to  put a model together with no instructions. From looking over all the parts I could probably figure it out but it would be really nice to have a little help and guidance. Any input or suggestions, links, contacts would be greatly appreciated.

My oldest restoration so far is a 1955 Dodge.

Thanks for any and all help,

Todd

• 3 weeks later...

There is no manual for these cars only the owners manual. The wood framed body is built on  the wood sills that sit on the. frame rails The vertical pieces  fit into these and are reinforced with iron brackets. Look under the section "Our Cars and Restoration Projects" and type in 1928 Chrysler in the search bar.

Good wood working skills would be handy if the wood is bad or missing.

Thanks, that helps. I did just get a 1926 to 1933 Fisher Body Manual and it is starting to make sense. I had no idea how much wood is involved. Next time I go over at least I'll have a better idea what I'm looking at.

Not sure what style to call it yet, but the cab is boxy and flat in the back (no trunk or rumble seat). I'll post a picture of a picture of it that is at the house from when the man bought it. Here is what he finished so far. The rest is going to be up to me.

Image-124.png

I have a 25 G70 2 door Coach- pics attached. Body should be exactly the same as B70 I think ??  What is the difference between  a B70 and  a G70 ?

I have not heard of a B70 before but Im no expert by any means at all .  I "assumed" that the B series was B60 and G was a G70,. We all know what  assuming things get you.   I can provide  photos of anything on the car if needed. The front cowlings and radiator is off the car right now and just the long block and the rest of the drive train is in the car right now  but you have all that done.  Its been 3 years trying to get this thing going.  Cricket -  Lake City, FL, USA 

25  G70  2 Door Coach 1.jpg

25 G70 2 Door Coach  B.jpg

The "70" was the top speed for the sedans.

The Model "B" were for the 1924 & 25 Model year. The model "G" was a refined version of the "B" and were built for 1926 & 27.

The Model "H" or 60 has a smaller six cylinder than the B's & G's with a top speed of 60 MPH.

So I guess it is an H or 60 (exactly like the one pictured above). I'm going back this weekend to check out what's there now that I know what I'm looking at. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

The serial number on the engine will start with a letter, the letter indicates the Model of the car.

The engine number for the B and early G cars were on the right side between the water pump  and generator.

Late Gs and later engines the number is on the upper left side.

That would be the FEDCO number that sits in the center of the original dashboard. Your car was built in July of 1925 and IS a model 70 six cylinder car according to this chart....third column of FEDCO number sets near the top.

Fedco chart 4 a.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)