Sign in to follow this  
Justin B

1927 Chevy Tudor for sale

Posted (edited)

[27 Chevy, engine has just been completely rebuilt, updated pressurized oiling system, Winfield style intake with Stromberg carb, front end upgraded to '29 brakes, all mechanical components gone through. Body is all original and in excellent condition, one 1930's era repaint, no rust, or bondo, extremely straight, wood is all in good condition, original interior. Runs and drives well, all lights and gauges work. $8,500 located 30 miles north of San Diego

IMG_8413.JPG

IMG_8412.JPG

IMG_8416.JPG

IMG_8417.JPG

IMG_8418.JPG

Edited by Justin B (see edit history)
  • Like 1

interesting car...how do you achieve an updated  pressurized oiling system on a 4 cylinder chevy?

2 hours ago, tblack said:

interesting car...how do you achieve an updated  pressurized oiling system on a 4 cylinder chevy?

What he said!  

Let's phase the question differently....what does the updated system have that the stock 27 did not.  I know on the first chevy 6 cylinders you can buy a better pump. The 6 had pressurized mains over head oiling  but the rest of the system still splash .

Wish I knew more about the details on it but Harold Johansen who built it passed away last year, and I just copied the text my buddy Jim who is helping sell his collection sent me since Jim doesn't mess with computers. Harold is much better known for early ford 4's, which he raced at bonneville/el mirage for 70+ years including several dohc setups that he built himself.  What I do know just from a quick look of the engine is it's been externally plumbed with lines ran to the head to eliminate the oil soaked felt, and setup with a modern filter. Beyond that I don't know if the crank/mains are drilled to pressurize it or if the pump has been modified. I do know it runs great, has about 12psi of pressure at idle (not sure what stock would be) and the rest of the car is incredibly solid as well. 

I hate to be overly pedantic but Ford built "tudors". That Chevy is a two door

Justin...

thanks for your response seeing  the other side of the engine explains that a fair bit of plumbing was done the external oil filter is a nice touch.   Interesting the overhead felt was oiled...your friend Jim is he available to talk to?  I'll send you a PM and perhaps he or we can talk. 

Justin and I were close to a deal but shipping costs across the country are too much to have  value when you are done.

Note a plug for the car it was built by Harold Johansen...do a little research on his name and you find he had a long distinguished career in his type of racing. Engine is probably really well done.

Thanks