I had to use my big slide hammer to get mine out the first time.  The race must have been rusted in pretty bad

The axel and the outer race come out together, as ply33 states.  The axel will have two bearings on it, back to back, with a small ridge on the axel separating them.  The bearings are a real pain to get off the axel, but at least it’s out.  This leaves the inner bearing race and the inner seal still in the axel housing.  You need a three-jaw slide puller to get the race out and this process will tear up the inner seal.  Fun, huh?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taylormade said:

The axel and the outer race come out together, as ply33 states.  The axel will have two bearings on it, back to back, with a small ridge on the axel separating them.  The bearings are a real pain to get off the axel, but at least it’s out.  This leaves the inner bearing race and the inner seal still in the axel housing.  You need a three-jaw slide puller to get the race out and this process will tear up the inner seal.  Fun, huh?

Yep. And last I checked you can't get the inner seals anymore. At the very least, have the new seals in hand (if you've found a source) before you try pulling out the inner race. It may be a case of looking carefully at that inner bearing race and see if it is okay. Maybe you can just leave well enough alone.

i just dropped off the Axle this AM.

The whole unit spins well, but leaks quite a bit.

Oceanside Drive line has it here in San Diego. 

I figure I will let them tell me what is needed from a professional standpoint. 

some things I can get into and repair but on something as rare as this Dodge, its best to let the old time wisdom take the lead. 

• Like 1

Some background info. for you from the National Service Data book.

RearAxle_Chryco_1932-33.thumb.jpg.5c5b1f8a3d1c7401a0bfb043c34a1cf6.jpg

• Like 1

I NEED A NEW YOKE, aparently the old seal went bad and it wore out the yoke. does anyone know where I can get a stock yoke for a 1933 DODGE DP6? 

or is this something I should just look into getting a new updated rear end that will work for my car.???

If it just wore a groove in the yoke where the seal rides (and that's the only thing wrong), go to a bearing store with the yoke in your hand and ask if they have a "speedi-sleeve" to fit your current yoke.

• Like 1

ACTUALLY FOUND IT FROM WWW.OLDMOPARTS.COM 

these guys have saved me so many times. 

I just drop $500+ on all parts needed for rear end. 

update: https://www.oldmoparts.com/ did not process my credit card when I placed my order for some reason. they said they process when material is about to ship (dumb) so I am waiting to find out when parts will be shipped so I can pay them. 

I found out my rear end is geared with 4:37 gear ratio. I am hopeful that will work well with my new overdrive transmission from George Asche. 

I am not 100% sure my shifter will work with the shift links that came with new transmission, but that will get worked out when I get the transmission back in the car in a few months. 

I'm not at the shop to to my research. Are the rear axle end play adjusted with shims that go between the axle and brake backing plate as shown with the 49 that I rebuilt?

20160331_154204.jpg