Buick Pre-War Technical and/or Buick Pre War Division

Stand alone forums are about cars, not clubs.  The "General" forums under each club is where club issues are discussed.

There are very few "region" or "chapter" stand alone forums anywhere on forums.aaca.org The exceptions are mostly in the buick forums - ie "reatta" "performance" and "riviera" all have their own stand alone forums, but they are very specific forums and warrant their own space.

In the case of the Buick Pre-War - Technical.  It was created to focus on talking about pre-war cars, not club issues. That is the reason for the addition of "Technical". If you want to talk about club issues or politics, the best place for that is Buick General.

Alternatively, if you feel PWD issues and politics warrant their own forum, then I'm happy to create "Buick Pre-War Division" forum under "General".

Feedback?

Edited by Peter Gariepy
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Peter, please don't try to make this more than it really is. 

Please just remove "Technical" from the Prewar Forum as requested.

We can then continue to keep one of the most active and useful forums on the AACA forum site.

Thank you.

No.

I wont litter a forum with club issues when the vast majority of its users want to read about cars.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

No.

I wont litter a forum with club issues when the vast majority of its users want to read about cars.

Peter,

The original prewar forum has been one of the most active and useful forums on the AACA forum site. 

And you want to change it by "moderating" (censuring) it to allow only technical posts.   Good luck with that.

I expect many prewar Buick owners will keep you quite busy "moderating" the Prewar Technical section of the forum.

5 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Peter,

The original prewar forum has been one of the most active and useful forums on the AACA forum site. 

And you want to change it by "moderating" (censuring) it to allow only technical posts.   Good luck with that.

I expect many prewar Buick owners will keep you quite busy "moderating" the Prewar Technical section of the forum.

"...one of the most active and useful forums".  Agreed. Along with the other 100+++ car forums within forums.aaca.org.

• Feel free to post all you like about pre-war Buicks in the Buick Prewar - Technical forum.  Thats why it exists.
  • If people feel a need to talk non-car related topics in the forum, they will be moderated (moved or deleted) as dictated by the forum rules.

You seem to have an issue with the addition " - Technical" to the forum title. So be it.  It was added to keep this forum focused on why this forum exists to begin with - conversations about prewar Buicks.  " - Technical" stays or not, it doesn't change the fact that this forum WILL NOT be used as a soap box over club issues. Period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1