Sign in to follow this  
nearchoclatetown

budd wheels

i found 2 more budd wheels at hershey. they still had enough dark blue paint on them to get a match. question is, would they have been painted the official dodge blue? the backs were painted black, is that correct? how the heck do you put the tire and safety band on without scratching the new paint? can the tire be put on from the back after bead is seated? leadfoot, are you still out there?

i also just discovered another problem,[ question].the 4 budd wheels i had before came off of a 26 db and were 21 inch, the 2 budd wheels i bought at hershey supposedly came from a 25 db and are 20 inch. there is a 24 db touring on ebay with budd wheels and the guy says it has 32X4 tires. my 21 inch wheels had 4X21 tires. what diameter budd wheels should my 1924 db have on it??????? the master parts book has no info on budds. it says to look in the master price book for all info on them. i don't have a master price book , can anyone help?

I bought a '24 for parts, and it had 20" wheels. If you want to trade, I have 2 good 20" wheels (I need 2 21" for my '26. I am 1926dodgeman on EBAY. Look me up!

My '24 touring has 20" tires and is correct best I can determine. I also have two extra 21" I could trade for 20" if it would help anyone. My extras have tires and last time I checked were holding air.

Wellllll, the 32x4 is right and Budd wheels were on the 24. I have a set. Also I powdercoated mine and there are a whole lot less chips - actually none. I did use some lub when I mounted the tires and the rings set in very nicely as long as I was careful. tom [color:"green"]