NEED HELP TO IDINIFY A 1952 BUICK FUEL PUMP

steamgas

i am in need of a 1952 Buick special series 40 fuel pump for a 263 ci. motor. i just called kanter auto parts but they need too know how many screws are in the fuel pump section of the pump(2 stage pump). the person at the counter probey knew as little about what he is selling as anyone i have encountered there. can someone here please teach me how to order the pump i need  for my engine? i

have no core to campier it too so i am in the dark here. can some one please enlighten me?

Your 1952 Buick series 40 takes an AC 9761 dual action pump. There are several 9761 pumps for sale on Ebay right now with good descriptions and pictures. The bottom view picture of the pump shows it has 10 screws. Please check this out yourself and verify that your car has the original correct engine for the pump, etc. before ordering anything. This should at least point you in the right direction. 

6 hours ago, steamgas said:

i am in need of a 1952 Buick special series 40 fuel pump for a 263 ci. motor. i just called kanter auto parts but they need too know how many screws are in the fuel pump section of the pump(2 stage pump). the person at the counter probey knew as little about what he is selling as anyone i have encountered there. can someone here please teach me how to order the pump i need  for my engine? i

have no core to campier it too so i am in the dark here. can some one please enlighten me?

I have one . From a 1950 248. I know it works on a 263, as I have interchanged them when I had two  '50s. This pump was

rebuilt in 2008 by Terrell Machinery in DeLeon TX.  Ran it  on my 248 about two years  and 3000 miles or so before replacing with an electric when the car was changed to fuel injection.

Let me know if interested.

Ben