Unknown 4-Cylinder 16-Valve Cylinder Head

Wondered if anyone could help provide any information on this cylinder head.  It's a cast iron 4-cylinder, 16-valve head, only markings on it that I am able to find are the letters "MF" as shown in the last picture.

IMG_5058.JPG

IMG_5059.JPG

IMG_5061.JPG

the mating surface to the block clearly looks like Model T Ford. I think it is a Roof Overhead conversion.  If I could get a photo of the exhaust ports, I could be sure.

Frank

It could be a Roof Model B head for a Ford T. If so, the 8 round ports on the top surface of the head are the exhaust ports. It would have had two exhaust manifolds of sorts that bolted to the top...

If so, this is an EXTREMELY rare head...

Edited by oldford (see edit history)
1 hour ago, bob staehle said:

don't see any place for spark plugs, air compressor 

Bob

There are four horizontal holes into the side of the chamber. You can see them from the side and just make out their presence in the underneath view.

1 hour ago, oldford said:

the mating surface to the block clearly looks like Model T Ford. I think it is a Roof Overhead conversion.  If I could get a photo of the exhaust ports, I could be sure.

Frank

It could be a Roof Model B head for a Ford T. If so, the 8 round ports on the top surface of the head are the exhaust ports. It would have had two exhaust manifolds of sorts that bolted to the top...

If so, this is an EXTREMELY rare head...

Attached are a couple close-up pictures of the exhaust ports.  Thanks for your help.

IMG_5063.JPG

IMG_5064.JPG

4 hours ago, bob staehle said:

don't see any place for spark plugs, air compressor 

Bob

Spark plug holes along the bottom?

IMG_5059.JPG

The actual holes in the chamber obscured by the angle of the photo?

IMG_5062.JPG