Please remember all of our fallen heroes this Memorial Day weekend...

Lebowski

I've posted this pic here before. Phillip is buried in the Catholic cemetery in Louisville next to the graves of my wife's parents. He died in Vietnam a month before his 20th birthday on the same month that I got my driver's license. When I think of all I've done since then that he's missed out in it's very depressing. My wife takes a vase of flowers to her parents' graves several times a year and she always places a flower on Phillip's grave. Please keep him and all of our fallen veterans in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. Feel free to post any pics you may have of them....

275890973.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks for posting. It is a special time for us and should be for all Americans.

Terry

44 minutes ago, zipdang said:

This time needs to be remembered for what it is. Not just mattress sales and 3-day weekends. We live today because of all the sacrifices made in the past and those being made daily.

Several years ago one of the guys on the MLB channel made the comment: "That's what it's all about on Memorial Day-baseball and barbecues." I emailed him this pic and told him that as an Army veteran I was offended by that remark because this photo says it all about what Memorial Day is all about. I never heard back from him but I hope he got the message....

Memorial Day.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Memorial Day is about those that gave the ultimate sacrifice in service to this country.

That is why yesterday my daughter's Young Marines unit went to Arlington and placed flags.

And tomorrow her unit will participate in a Memorial Day ceremony.

Memorial Day.jpg

• Like 4

We do an annual trip to my wife's dad & grandfather, both veterans who saw action but were able to return to civilian life.  We go to two cemetaries and usually take one of the old cars if the weather cooperates as it did today.  A nice way to remember her dad and poppy.