Betty Jean

Pictures of treasures found in Woodford, Vermont

I have a metal detecting hobby and have been digging up lost treasures in my back yard.   I am posting some really neat finds!  I am also not good with computers, so bare with me.

4A096878-C874-47DC-8163-241F6901E1F3.jpeg

735AF047-CCA2-4848-A44D-D9BA0377F4F8.jpeg

95EBB86F-D875-4034-A443-7FF2532B3E7A.jpeg

• Like 1

I'll bet if you keep digging, you will find the rest of that car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

No doubt you have asked the www. Here is the first sentence of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Motor_Company

"E. R. Thomas Motor Company was a manufacturer of motorized bicycles, motorized tricycles, motorcycles, and automobiles in Buffalo, New York between 1900 and 1919. "

There is a bit of information about SELDEN on these fora too, as well as on the www.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Keep digging !! Thomas automobiles are VERY desirable. Anything you find will be of great interest to someone owning a Thomas. There are not a large number of surviving Thomas cars but all are treasured by their owners. The number on the Selden plate should give a rough idea of the year of the car it was attached to. If you find the actual serial plate of the Thomas rather than the patent plate you will really have something.

Greg in Canada

• Like 1

Oops!  My apologies.  I am not looking to “buy”.  These are items that I may entertain selling.  There are some interested parties currently.

I also found this license plate near the place that I have been digging my treasures.......not sure if it goes with the vehicle.

I also have one gentleman who is interested in the sign that I found.......thought you might be interested in seeing it.   It is 2-sided, 

30” x 16” , iron porcelain sign with the hangers still attached.

775036DD-FBAD-47F2-AC9B-4DEC7DFE0635.jpeg

5D9DCB8F-11E9-4EE4-A82F-9C8CF0D96EB2.jpeg

2254751E-D2E5-43E6-A370-27E1EFBF8B21.jpeg

413DD0D4-8449-4372-9C63-0A86A6C41FD4.jpeg

E8A8F4EA-CC3E-4D58-B5AB-957369F0AE69.jpeg

That sign should bring good money, signs are hot right now ....... I'd say the license plate is interesting but worth almost nothing in that condition...

It would look great hanging over my Hudson in the garage and I'm only one state away. ;) 

On 5/26/2019 at 2:02 PM, TerryB said:

The selden plate is an excellent find!

It just sold today!

• Like 2

I would still be interested in the Hudson sign if you are interested in selling it.