JFK & Buicks?

Guest 70 Electra

Guest 70 Electra

A friend mentioned to me that he'd once seen a published photograph of JFK in the back seat of a 1960 Buick during a 1960 election campaign parade.

Anyone out there ever seen such a picture?

How about Nixon in a Buick during the 60 election campaign?

In a history of Flint book I have is a picture of JFK sitting on the boot of a 60 electra in downtown Flint. Norb Burwell.It was taken by Judge Tom Yeotis,a friend from way back. Also on the same page is a close up photo I took of JFK.

Guest 70 Electra

Hey Norb, that must be the pix my friend remembers! What is the name of this Flint book. I will try to locate a copy, so I can photocopy or scan the image.

thanks!

The book is Memory Lane , Published by the Flint Journal and Sloan Museum. It is sold by the Sloan Museum which you can get on the BCA web site .

Guest 70 Electra

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Another lead given to me led me to my local library. There I found a copy of a 1976 book titled "A Pictoral History of Flint" by Larry Gustin (of Buick PR). This has a pix of JFK in back of 60 Buick. Probably same picture. Much of the car is cropped out of the picture, but the short quarter panel suggests it is a LeSabre or Invicta, and not an Electra.