J.H.Boland

"Barn Find Classics" (not mine but I know him)

Looks to be a wet weekend again in S-W Ontario. It's this weekend  Steve Plunkett hosts Canada's biggest show. All I can say is thank you Mr. Plunkett for putting this on all these years!!

Philanthropist Steve Plunkett set to pull plug on Fleetwood Country Cruize-In

Updated: May 28, 2019

• Thanks 1

I managed to be close to Morpeth yesterday and took a chance to stop in at Jim's. 

Had heard many stories about him and his collection and can see where some were true and some were embellished just by driving into his driveway.

Went to check out what he might have left of the 4 cylinder Whippet parts and  definitely will be coming back with numbers and a list of what I will need for my '28.

He says he sold the '29 Whippet coupe locally and '29 Whippet touring so has some room now to maneuver inside the dimly lit buildings.

You know he is a unique individual when there is a Cessna airplane sitting off to the side in his front yard that he apparently flew two years ago....

Says he's 84 years old!

I have one, but it is a warehouse find  - it has not seen the fresh air and sunshine in about 10 years ago and before that a few more and a few more before that ... - back to when restoration was started several owners ago in we believe 1969.  What is funny is when someone "discovers" it in the warehouse - no it is not lost, there are just other projects being worked on. 

68606697_10157743433417189_7260087334178127872_n.jpg

68846502_10157743433242189_3069422374068682752_n.jpg

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 4

What ever happened with the rough car.....  I did not see an answer to a previous question ???

Paul

Was just north of Morpeth last week in Ridgetown to pick up a 1962 Chevy BelAir that spent it's whole time with one family in the area. Very nice people!

belair62 015.jpg

belair62 011.jpg

• Like 3

The (late)original owner lived in Morpeth. His 91 yr. old daughter is just north in Ridgetown. She no longer drives and her 60+ yr. old son handled the sale.

They really took good care of it.

Ed, Are we talking about the same elderly gentleman that has passed?

He had a bad back when I was there last year but seemed to be handling it...

23 hours ago, packard1928 said:

What ever happened with the rough car.....  I did not see an answer to a previous question ???

Paul

It want to the junk yard in the sky, so others may live.............we cut it up for parts.

1 hour ago, dei said:

Ed, Are we talking about the same elderly gentleman that has passed?

He had a bad back when I was there last year but seemed to be handling it...

I dealt with the son. Never met his Dad. His Mom still has her white 88 Grand Marquis.

Nice folks. My brother and I also bought some of his die cast models.

Love the Stovebolts! Power Glides, not so much.

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2617.JPG

I knew the owner and the car well, he was a happy member of the Kent Historic Auto Club.  Enjoy your new wheels, it should be a well sorted car.

Regards, Gary

• Like 1

The owner of "Barn finds", Jim O'Connor, is not the same fellow that owned Ed's '62 Chevy.

Jim

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 7:32 AM, J.H.Boland said:

The owner of "Barn finds", Jim O'Connor, is not the same fellow that owned Ed's '62 Chevy.

Jim

No it wasn't. Out of respect for the original family I don't want to post that info.

On 3/20/2020 at 7:32 AM, J.H.Boland said:

Jim

• Like 1

This is original invoice made out to the owner from RR#1 Morpeth. He traded in his 1959 Chevrolet. Must not have liked the fins!

belair62 049.jpg