morepower

For Sale: 1923 Duesenberg Model A Touring

Posted (edited)

1923 Duesenberg Model A M&I Touring for sale. 100% authentic restoration. Third in class 2015 Pebble Beach Concours. Currently on eBay for $349,000, trades considered. Fascinating history. Vehicle located in Los Angeles. Additional info and images here. 

2015 and 2016 1777.small.jpg

IMG_6965.JPG

Edited by morepower (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rats!!! Finally I'm at a point, in life where I can write the check but a stroke has left me unable to drive

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Excellent restoration of this 1920s masterpiece!

Posted (edited)

John, I am terribly  sorry to see that it is a stroke which has caused your health problems. This makes me, and I am sure all who read this, very sad. Heartbreaking when a car guy is grounded at the curb. I really hope life has left you interesting passions which you can still enjoy.           One of your many forum friends,       -    Cadillac Carl 

P.S. : I went through my pictures hoping to find one which could bring you some peace. This always works for me. A true antique from the times of this Duesenberg, and our youth. I sometimes fly it when wind conditions are favorable on special occasions, rather than one of my modern versions. This was Veterans Day, 2015. I woke up that morning and saw the seasons first light snow on the  top of the hills between me and the mountain that received the first permanent layer of Winters snow.   -   CC 

P.P.S. : That little mountain goat of an antique 30 year old Subaru has been in my family since new. A true 4-WD, 5 speed with a 2 speed transfer case. It often got respect from other off-roaders up top. Not much clearance though, as you can see from the picture at the summit. A deer took the grille about 25-30 miles South of there.

F5D87D1E-1C34-4F75-9B6C-E5A6A420668E.jpeg

2E061F9C-F459-4B86-B735-8255FA4CC177.jpeg

934B3C04-1C73-493A-A35D-E66C4C787817.jpeg

Edited by C Carl
Re-write 1 sentence, add P.P.S. (see edit history)
  • Like 3

A  solid product pre-restoration - the kind of car you want as a base product prior to restoration (something overlooked by many in hobby or history gets lost over time re: as to how important the base product is). 

19 hours ago, CarlLaFong said:

Rats!!! Finally I'm at a point, in life where I can write the check but a stroke has left me unable to drive

I feel terrible about leaving a smiley face. I honestly thought you were kidding.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, CarlLaFong said:

Buy the car to look at it, like an art piece. It's worth every cent, it will appreciate.

Edited by maok (see edit history)

1 hour ago, maok said:

Buy the car to look at it, like an art piece. It's worth every cent, it will appreciate.

Bad enough to walk past my bike every day, Kills me😭. Seeing a Doozie parked in the garage would be much worse

25 minutes ago, CarlLaFong said:

Bad enough to walk past my bike every day, Kills me😭. Seeing a Doozie parked in the garage would be much worse

It could be worse, it could be parked in someone else's garage and you never get to see it.