I need a gas cap for my 24-45, Bob's used to sell a repro metal and aluminum cap, but doesn't list it anymore. 

Anyone have a source for a replacement? 

Don, 

I can provide photos of what you are looking for.  That is a shame that Bob's no longer carries a replacement.      Hugh

IMG_2906.thumb.JPG.b8a84bd6366d41a18dc557b7f20547d7.JPGIMG_2908.thumb.JPG.b20d71fc2aa0683ba710b2cd5f88a9ca.JPG

• Like 1

I purchased one from Bob's for my 27-54CC, the quality was pretty good.  One time when I tightened it, the metal ears broke free and fell in the tank.  I was able to retrieve them and TIG weld them back on the cap, but it hasn't been the same since. 

The 27-25 came with a good cap too. 

Are most old gas caps the same and would fit?  At this point, I just need one that will work, and will not look too modern. 

Don:

Most of the period gas caps will work. Yes we need to find someone to reproduce these again. Mine was missing from my 1925-25 and a locking unit from the 1950s was on it. A friend gave me an aluminum one but the steel ears were rusted off so I had to fabricate something.

These are reproduced..... but as an oil filler cap for Cadillac at over $200. a pop!

1354857048_Buickcadillaccap.jpg.8abccdbf7e824d6f24272af4d1e593e4.jpg

• Like 1

I have a Mickey Mouse eared cap in my box of stuff. 

My ‘23 can’t use it as someone welded a more modern three tab filler neck to my tank by the looks of it, in the 50s. 

If if someone needs it let me know in a PM and we can see what you think it’s worth.  

As with what little ‘loot’ I have, more interested it helping someone than getting rich.  

• Like 2