Help finding info Chevy Woodie 29 or30

Flowergirl

Hi - sorry if I am in the wrong section - I have never joined a forum. 

I am in New York and inherited a Chevy Woodie after the passing of my dad many years ago. I have tried numerous times over the years to find info on this car. I even hired an IVAN appraiser - to no avail. I am looking for anyone that could help me - or pass the info to the right person. I am looking to find a value on the vehicle and eventually sell. The car has been through several generations of my family and it is now time to move it on to someone who appreciates the unique qualities of this antique. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. 

C647FC6D-83D0-4943-9D0F-20E88D75064A.jpeg

B1ADF32B-EBD5-43F1-A9E9-7004730A1095.jpeg

D37D3AFB-1746-4486-B011-EE59C5CD13BE.jpeg

B5D17B57-95F4-40AB-B921-6FFF83DDC641.jpeg

• Like 2

sounds like you dont have a title?

appears to be a 29.

value should be in the 7500. range, give or take, depending if it runs, how well and the condition of the wood.

do you have any nameplates as to the body- for example, Cantrell?

motor shot and interior shots would also be helpful.

I am told the wood is in great condition - I am no expert - it is pretty though. 

I don’t know about nameplates - I would have to look

i am not allowed to add more pics at this time as the website will not allow it. - I do have plenty pics though

it has ran many times in my life - not since dad passed though - we don’t know how

thanks for the reply - 

10D7B3CC-CB3B-4A32-9B3A-33F282A22289.jpeg

38DDBBC1-4B13-4AA3-B6C2-53120957029C.jpeg

2B447DA7-6C11-49B9-B7E5-3194B6D0F9DB.jpeg

• Like 1

No, your not in the wrong section, you will find a huge amount of talented individuals on this site that can steer you in the right direction. If it helps in any way, there is a fully restored 1930 Chevrolet Woodie Huckster, show winner, for $35,000 in the latest Woodie Times. I know a '42-'48 Ford Station Wagon re-wood is between 30 to 40K, but you car, having mostly flat panels, would be less expensive. I can see that most of the panels are de-laminating so they would need to be replaced, can't tell about the structural members though. The engine numbers you picture are casting numbers, not vehicle I.D. numbers. I would like to tell you that your car is worth a ton of money, but sadly it's not.

the VCCA is the place to get all your answers, they have helped me and educated me intensely on 1929-1932 vehicles !!

that is a 1930 Engine based on the code E 12 0, making cast date May 12, 1930

tail light is 1929

what info is on the data plate on the passenger side of the engine bay, all trucks were located that area, cars were on the passenger sill plate  ?? should be something like # AC ##### or # AD #######, first number is plant it was manufactured, then the AC would be 1929, AD would be 1930 then the other numbers are number of production down the line, starting with 1001.

based on the wheels and tires it is a 1/2 frame, 3 speed transmission

look at dash as well, three oval sections are 1929 round with gas is 1930. 

for that vintage and style the rolling frames with cowl were produced by Chevrolet and then the body was built by one of many out there. they made depot hacks, hucksters, stake bodies, etc...

i know as I owned a 1930 huckster and then now a 1929 sedan. value is not up there, PM for more into and details.condition and running will make it go up or down...  

i would classify that as a depot hack, used for transporting people around, single drivers door, 2 doors on passenger side, one to front seat, other to the seats in back

Edited by BearsFan315 (see edit history)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to everyone for your information - wow - I never expected this!! I will try to answer private messages later today. Thank you. I got 4 more pics on this morning. Hope this helps. Thank you again to all of you. 

3878E2ED-5D01-4335-B462-4EFD2F988466.jpeg

278A6A29-832C-4384-96CC-8DEF5C63CC39.jpeg

28FB825A-05F3-4DF2-98A3-11E99733678C.jpeg

BB4AEDD9-F58B-4CEF-BD07-572264688D1B.jpeg

well that is definitely a 1930 @!@ 1/2 ton truck which is the exact same frame, chassis, engine, trans used in all the cars. 

on the data plate:

2 means the truck was made in Terrytown, NY

AD means 1930 Chevrolet Universal, Universal was the model for 1930 (can see that in the MODEL box above number

19661 means it was the 18660 vehicle assembled in that plant, numbers started at 1001

round gauges, as stated above also go with 1930, was also first year of gas gauge in dash, 1929 was on tank

looks like a depot hack/people mover with the split front seat and extra door. 

I have a '31 2dr sedan. Your vehicle is wonderful and rare as to both style and condition, and it's highest net value in my opinion is just how it is now. If I bought it I would get mechanicals in working order (engine, trans, rear, steering and brakes) and possibly put in a new wire harness. Otherwise leave it as is. It is a wonderful testament to your ancestors, and a mechanical refresh might be possible by a new owner who has such skill for a couple of thousand dollars. To fully restore this vehicle would cost $30k-$50K likely, well beyond a subsequent re-sale value. Were it mine, I would like to find someone who appreciates "survivor" quality vehicles and keep the price in a range ($5k-$10K) that will enable car to be kept just the way it is. People love old ones like this, it will be a winner on the show field just as it looks (perhaps a good cleaning, that's all). Thanks for sharing a rare find. The real shame is if someone buys it and hotrods it. 

• Like 1

Tell us about the Packard(?) pictured next to the depot hack in the last few photos please, Flowergirl...

Hi Everyone, 

This forum is amazing!! I have tried for years to get info and in one Day - wow - so many knowledgeable people. Thank you all for your time, info, and comments. I don’t know anything to add to all these questions. Hope this pic helps. 

Special thanks to Bearsfan315 - you seem to know exactly what I have 

And to to the eagle eyed viewer 63 redbrier - yes that is a Packard in the back. 1939 model 1700 - another inherited vehicle. 

Here is the ‘paperwork’ handed down with the vehicle - my family has owned it since then. 

CC8388C1-C8EC-4386-9513-3D071A7B0758.jpeg

3E17725E-886E-42B6-91C9-04024FD8AF5D.jpeg

770C41E8-B2A9-4A0F-BAF1-0BB9CB252BE5.jpeg

It would be helpful if you gave your location in your post. Apple country in NY State is fairly large. I'm up in the New Paltz, NY, area frequently and would look at it for you if you would like. I might also be able to recommend a member of the National Woodie Club that is near you to look at it also.

Hi 46 woodie - I am right next to New Paltz - the next town over - I do not want to put a public access to my personal info - my email is tent.rentals@gmail.com 

please send me an email and I would like to have you - or a member of the woodie club to have a look next time you are in the area - thank you

• Like 1