Convertible Soft Top Sealing to Rear Window Glass

I am having problems with my '90 TC convertible top.  The lower fabric 'rubber strip' on the outside bottom no longer seals against the rear window glass, allowing water to build up along the rear window.  It doesn't leak into the storage area, but unless it dries out, when I put the top down, the water splashes into the rear compartment.

What can I do to restore the 'sticky' to the fabric rubber strip to keep the water from building up along the bottom of the convertible top?

Thanks,

Jim

This is the place where when I drop the top, the glass folds away from the top.  When I first bought the car 3 years ago, the fabric would seal to the glass when I put the top up, don't know if it was a residue on the fabric, static cling, etc.  Just that it stopped doing that.  I can't glue to fabric to the glass, as that would prevent the top from folding and could not drop it.

There is a piece of the top that runs across the lower part of the rear window, that we can see in the picture. There is also an almost matching piece on the inside. The inside piece is attached to the inside of the window, the outside piece is not attached to the window.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to try some double backed tape to adhere to the fabric to the glass.  I did a little research, got Gorilla Tape, Double Sided, Weatherproof, 30 lb test.  Seems to work, I tested it today at the car wash with a high pressure spray and it help well.  Moves well with the window when I put the top up or down.  Have to see how it holds up over the summer heat.