victorialynn2

What did you drive on your first date?

Not my first date, but the first date with the girl I eventually married:  I drove our family car, a 1968 Camaro six banger with a Torque Drive semi-automatic transmission.  

• Like 1

1968 Dodge Dart.  273 with a tourqueflite.   Dad's car.  

• Like 1

1956 Corvette. Not my first date car, but the first car that I bought after high school. Met a very special lady in college, that was my first date in this car, and we have been married for 50+ years ever since. 

Scan 132530015.jpg

• Like 3

Four of us went for an island picnic in my leaky 12 ft ceder strip row boat built about 1910 with a beat up 1930s Sea King 2 HP outboard.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In 1957 I drove my 51 Mercury on first date.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2019 at 11:12 AM, Xander Wildeisen said:

How does that Meat Loaf song go?:lol:

1884 Pontiac Firebird with T Tops..............sure was an  interesting car.......I then switched over to a Chevy van! 👍

MUCH BETTER!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Didn’t have car till married so wife not that keen on me going on dates 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

My oldest brothers Cuda fastback 383 S triple black. God I miss that car.. I used to detail it for him daily

Similar to this that I found on the web. Might even be the same car... only noticeable difference is that he had all chrome Cragar rims  without the black back drop. 

Cuda .jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oily rag said:

Four of us went for an island picnic in my leaky 12 ft ceder strip row boat built about 1910 with a beat up 1930s Sea King 2 HP outboard.  

So who bailed? I hope you were atleast gentlemen enough to not make the ladies bail.  Atleast not on the first date. 

26 minutes ago, edinmass said:

1884 Pontiac Firebird with T Tops

Wow those must be pretty rare today.  Did it have the big and little conestoga wagon wheels? ;)  You know it's all about the stance. 

• Like 1

I can't remember which was first but I took a couple of ladies for rides in these.  I guess you could call them first dates,  though I was such a gear head I didn't get past the driving part. 

I had the Pink 53 Lincoln prior to the 61 Maroon Tbird but that didn't yield any dates either.  

When I eventually met my wife and we were dating her first ride in an old car was the Tbird.  That was her favorite.  Of course I sold it on her later to buy a 57 Tbird. 

She later told me the key to getting women to go for a ride is you actually had to stop long enough for them to jump in.  

Of course she didn't tell me that secret until after I married her. 

My first real date was with my 97 Chevy 2500 truck.  Took the rest of my dates out in that truck as well until I met my wife that also went on our first date in that. (It was winter so no old cars out)   Of course this was just a dinner date that went no where as it was a  blind date and there was no attraction whatsoever. 

IMG_5999.JPG

IMG_6683.JPG

IMG_6684.JPG

IMG_6685.JPG

• Like 1

Not my first date, but the first date with the girl I eventually married, 1953 Buick.  Second date was with the car in my Avatar.  Still have same car and married to the same girl I met 54 years ago on the 25th of May and married on the 27th of November.  1965 was a wonderful year.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Wow those must be pretty rare today.  Did it have the big and little conestoga wagon wheels? ;)  You know it's all about the stance. 

The car I really don’t remember too much............the young lady and the police officer coming down the new subdivision road while parked behind a storage tractor trailer in a rather exposed position.........I remember well. Interestingly, after almost 34 years, I bumped into her again in a restaurant bar..............with my current lady of 20 years..........I had told her about the situation years ago........and she had a big smile on her face when she figured out it was the “girl from the story”.  It was an interesting evening!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

My boyfriend had a Chevy van and he almost tipped it over coming down a steep and curvy mountain road! 😱 He was going too fast. 

You were brave getting into a Chevy van anyway!  Did it have shag carpet in it?

My first date that involved an automobile was when my Dad dropped me and my date off at the movie theater in his 61 Plymouth Valient.  A few months later, when I got my license I got to use it often.  When I went to college, I had a 63 Studebaker Lark, It was so rusty thanks to Michigan roads the seat rocked when you stepped on the gas.  Painted brown, mixed with Michigan rust, it was affectionately known as "the turd."  That girlfriend put up with a lot!

Terry

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A fellow in our club up here still has his first car when in high school and he is 81. A 1931 Chevy roadster that has sine been professionally restored.

• Like 1

First date with my wife was on my '69 Kawasaki 500.  She squeezed on the back with no passenger pegs and fell in love with me and motorcycles.  Few months later I helped her buy her first motorcycle.

reb baron.jpg

• Like 4

53 Studebaker Champion coupe.

twelve dollar car.

Stupid thing was the arm rests both front and rear. Hard to get cozy.

MANY subsequent junkers to follow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

You were brave getting into a Chevy van anyway!  Did it have shag carpet in it?

My first date that involved an automobile was when my Dad dropped me and my date off at the movie theater in his 61 Plymouth Valient.  A few months later, when I got my license I got to use it often.  When I went to college, I had a 63 Studebaker Lark, It was so rusty thanks to Michigan roads the seat rocked when you stepped on the gas.  Painted brown, mixed with Michigan rust, it was affectionately known as "the turd."  That girlfriend put up with a lot!

Terry

Friends of mine Dad provided them with a Mercury Comet, AKA the Vomit.  Ugly and slow is a great combination for teeenagers.  I'm sure their Dad was laughing every time they pulled out in it.  Got wrecked eventually.  

• Like 1

1960 faded blue Corvair 4 door automatic with torn seat covers. I had to rely on my charm rather than a fancy car.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

71 Camaro, not a bad ride for a 16 year old in 1980.... 😊

My pal Tom down the street was restoring a 59 Tbird with his dad.  He liked this girl who lived a few houses down.  The car was pretty well done by the time we were both around15.  So Tom and I would drive around the block in front of her house about 50 times a day after school.  I guess he was waiting for her to throw herself in the car...  well his dad found out, smacked him a bit and started taking the rotor out of the distributor.  End of problem.  Tom and Anita dated for years but I lost touch with them both after HS.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Haha 1