65 Side Window Weatherstrip

kdml

Adjusting the windows on my 65.  When the side window is completely closed, where should the glass land against the weatherstrip.  Cross-section of the weatherstrip shows two slotted areas where the glass could seat (see picture).  Should the glass seat against the slot bordered by the large section of weatherstrip (#1 in the picture) or should the glass seat between the two smaller sections of weatherstrip (#2 in the picture).

Thanks

IMG_0491a.jpg

Following this. My driver's side may need adjustment, because I still get water in from the hose when it's washed and a fair amount of wind noise there at times. Got new weatherstrip throughout and not sur of the adjustment process for up and down.

33 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Where exactly is the water coming in when you wash the car?  Same place the wind comes in?

Possibly at the top, but maybe at the seal between the front and rear windows. Those seals are new as well, but the wind noise is more predominant where the two windows meet when all of them are up and the cowl vent is open.

Did you remove the door skin to put the new seals in?  All of the adjustments are exposed with the door skin removed.  The swing arm on the bottom track has an adjustment to move the top of the window.  Lots of times those swing arms get broken. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Did you remove the door skin to put the new seals in?  All of the adjustments are exposed with the door skin removed.  The swing arm on the bottom track has an adjustment to move the top of the window.  Lots of times those swing arms get broken. 

Looks like I need to pull that skin and check for that. Passenger side seals pretty well.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:08 AM, kdml said:

Adjusting the windows on my 65.  When the side window is completely closed, where should the glass land against the weatherstrip.  Cross-section of the weatherstrip shows two slotted areas where the glass could seat (see picture).  Should the glass seat against the slot bordered by the large section of weatherstrip (#1 in the picture) or should the glass seat between the two smaller sections of weatherstrip (#2 in the picture).

Thanks

IMG_0491a.jpg

Doug,

I would adjust it into #1 and hope for slight pressure against the main vertical surface of the weatherstrip.

Tom Mooney

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jframe said:

Looks like I need to pull that skin and check for that. Passenger side seals pretty well.

The weatherstrip retainer has a small range of adjustment, the screws should be slotted. If all your glass lines up nicely, ie reflections in the glass are consistent across the front and rear side panes, I would attempt adjustment at the retainer before I would start pulling the door skin.

Tom Mooney

• Like 2