Turbinator

Bare metal web finish 63 Turbine

Gents, some have asked what does a bare metal satin finish look like on the webs.

here it is.

Turbinator

E5899227-F9F8-4B0A-B910-E6932B314A9F.jpeg

E27E8A6D-CB17-4B77-9C3B-C04078CF47C1.jpeg

• Like 1

Bob, you keep hitting home runs with the turbines.  Just think how simpler your life would be if I didn’t make you aware of them!😁

I think that is THE LOOK everyone who has these on his car should be striving for.  Just sorry thar I don't another box of them to sell to you.  Great job, Bob.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RivNut said:

I think that is THE LOOK everyone who has these on his car should be striving for.  Just sorry thar I don't another box of them to sell to you.  Great job, Bob.

Ed, thank you. Getting finish even on the webs and sides of the vanes is very difficult for me. I’ve investigated another type of abrasive gunsmiths use. I might try  an additional approach to smooth them out. The smut build up causes work stoppage and more cleaning. I have some newly chromed spinners and truly blemish free emblems I’ll probably put up and look at them in a box. I have some respectable spinners and emblems that look just fine for a proper Riviera.

28 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

Bob, you keep hitting home runs with the turbines.  Just think how simpler your life would be if I didn’t make you aware of them!😁

Pat, and don’t you think I forgot! Your story about riding through town and seeing the reflection of the turbines in the shop windows stuck with me. For me, the turbines look really good on the Riviera. I really can’t think of a worthy wheel cover or wheel substitute. Just my opinion.

Thanks again

Turbinator

The problem with these Turbine covers is that you can't appreciate what they look like when the wheels are turning while you're driving your car. Ain't no mirrors or windows big enough.  Gotta' let someone else drive your car past you while you admire them.

57 minutes ago, Turbinator said:

Pat, and don’t you think I forgot! Your story about riding through town and seeing the reflection of the turbines in the shop windows stuck with me. For me, the turbines look really good on the Riviera. I really can’t think of a worthy wheel cover or wheel substitute. Just my opinion.

Thanks again

Turbinator

The spinners in motion just do it for me.  It’s a good thing I didn’t rear end any one!!

I will give honorable mention to the wheel covers that were used onthe Imperial’s during the 60’s.  They weren’t bolt on turbines but they were works of art!

22 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

Very nice, that finish looks the closest to the NOS set I had years ago.

Don, how did you do with the station wagon AC?

Thank you for the positive comparison of my web and vanes to New.  Up close the webs look a tad bit uneven with finish. Three feet away I’ll agree “ Not bad!” I appreciate your support.

Turbinator

12 hours ago, Eric's.64.Superwildcat said:

Wow, they look awesome.  Congrats.  

Eric, thank you for positive comments regarding time invested in cleaning those rascals. I’m almost finished the remaining three wheelcovers.

Turbinator

4 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Don, how did you do with the station wagon AC?

Thank you for the positive comparison of my web and vanes to New.  Up close the webs look a tad bit uneven with finish. Three feet away I’ll agree “ Not bad!” I appreciate your support.

Turbinator

I'm doing the a/c job now. I'm posting in the Technical forum here if you want to follow along.

3 hours ago, j3studio said:

I'll be yet another one to jump in and say that looks great.

J3, many thanks for you acknowledging my work. The work is not fine art, but the work is industrial art for sure. Some of wheel covers I bring back to life have come to me in 2 pieces. The pieces come back together viaTIG WELDING. TIG is hard to

do then add in the alloy factor in the cast aluminum and welding that stuff is a down right PIA. I’m After new and better ways to finish these wheelcovers. Yard by yard it is hard, inch by inch it is a cinch.

Turbinator

• Like 1