Anyone in the Boston area want to check out an old car for me?

Lebowski

I'm considering the purchase of a '58 Edsel which is in Andover, Mass. Is there anyone in that area who would be willing to take a look at it for me? Of course reasonable financial compensation would be included. Please send me a PM or email me at dave@lucky13publications.com. Thanks.............Dave

Call Libby’s Classic Car Restoration, in Shrewsbury Mass, as for Christine, she can give you a price for the shop owner to take a look. It’s worth EVERY penny you spend checking a car out BEFORE you buy it, good move. Tell them Ed Minnie told you to call them. Good people, 40 years in the business.

Thanks for the tip, Ed, but the owner called me this morning and, after getting more info from him, I'm going to pass on it. Here's the story. It's a '58 Edsel Pacer convertible which the owner bought about 8 years ago. He has restored several other Edsel convertibles over the years but at age 70 doesn't want to do any more. Plus he's losing his storage for several of his cars so he's going to sell some of them. He got this one running and driving after fixing and replacing a few things but several things still need to be fixed like the power top, power seat and power driver's door window, among other things. There is a rust hole in the driver's floor area which has been covered by a piece of sheet metal. The paint is 35 years old and most of the interior has been replaced and is in decent shape. The bias ply tires are 35 years old and obviously need to be replaced. He's asking $19,500 but may come down some. I'd post some pics but I don't know how to since my wife switched us over to Google Chrome. If anyone wants his number let me know....

One of our local AACA region members in Pennsylvania is a

Mercury and Edsel fan, and he has a '58 Pacer convertible

that he may sell.  It's in excellent condition, with black paint

and a white cove.

If you send me a Private Message, I can give you his

telephone number.

1958 Edsel Pacer conv 1.JPG

5 hours ago, Lebowski said:

His is a real beauty but I was looking to spend $20k or less and his will be at least twice that amount. Thanks anyway....

Supercargirl just listed an Edsel in the cars for sale,  no pics but price is under 10k.

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm not in a big hurry so I'm going to try to find one within a couple of hundred miles of Louisville so I can rent a trailer from U-Haul and pull it home with my truck. Thanks again....

Wish I had a little cash.  I would be looking into the one i posted myself.  That car looks awfully darn good when you look at the other photos for 8500 OBO.   I can remember in the not too distant past when 8500 bought you a step just above a parts car that needed serious help. This would have been a 20G car at that time.  Maybe it still is.  Anyone in CA looking for an Edsel Ragtop? 

On 5/19/2019 at 2:10 PM, Lebowski said:

Thanks for the tip, Ed, but the owner called me this morning and, after getting more info from him, I'm going to pass on it. Here's the story. It's a '58 Edsel Pacer convertible which the owner bought about 8 years ago. He has restored several other Edsel convertibles over the years but at age 70 doesn't want to do any more. Plus he's losing his storage for several of his cars so he's going to sell some of them. He got this one running and driving after fixing and replacing a few things but several things still need to be fixed like the power top, power seat and power driver's door window, among other things. There is a rust hole in the driver's floor area which has been covered by a piece of sheet metal. The paint is 35 years old and most of the interior has been replaced and is in decent shape. The bias ply tires are 35 years old and obviously need to be replaced. He's asking $19,500 but may come down some. I'd post some pics but I don't know how to since my wife switched us over to Google Chrome. If anyone wants his number let me know....

I think you were wise for passing on it at that price.

• Like 2