Award-Winning '37 Chrysler Imperial on BaT (not mine)

Yes, not generally a fan of skirts. Here in SoCal you can "OD" on skirts pretty quickly. Skirts are jammed onto practically every custom, no matter the era, they tend more to identify the owner and area the car is from rather than enhancing the looks.

At least the skirts on your '41 seem to flow with the car and actually look like they were designed for that particular model. 

The '37 Imperial skirts just make the car look butt-heavy:

skirts.jpg

15 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Yes, not generally a fan of skirts. Here in SoCal you can "OD" on skirts pretty quickly. Skirts are jammed onto practically every custom, no matter the era, they tend more to identify the owner and area the car is from rather than enhancing the looks.

At least the skirts on your '41 seem to flow with the car and actually look like they were designed for that particular model. 

The '37 Imperial skirts just make the car look butt-heavy:

skirts.jpg

I have to agree. It looks good from every angle but this one, where it seems like the designers had to terminate the rear end too quickly, like it's all bunched up. Another six inches of length between the axle and bumper probably would have cured a lot of ills.

18 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Great looking car (I'd lose the lowrider looking fender skirts). It will be interesting to see what it brings.

The skirts are original to the Imperial.