Reproduction decals

9 hours ago, BearsFan315 said:

not sure on that specific one but Ecklers,/ Dearborn Classics 

few places make decals and can make custom ones

Like most of those places, they only have the popular ones & offer no help for any of the little used/known ones.

They can be done for a reasonable price in the water transfer type decal. You just need a good photo or camera ready art. Do a google search using a term like custom water transfer or such, you will find them. Expect a cost of 200 to 300 per sticker. They usually make about 20-50 of them in a batch depending on size.

I had numerous decals made for my Indycar restoration by a firm here in Danville, Va called KG Graphics ( Kristen Gusler). They can make decals  from a good photo in the dimensions you specify, can duplicate an existing decal and can reproduce an existing decal in a different size. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.kg-graphics.net/services/        I can recommend them without reservation. The "1981 USAC Registerd Car", Buffalo "We're Talking Proud", and "Eagle Creek Nursery" decals shown in the photos below were made by them. They also made several other sponsor decals that I could not locate in the correct size, and a couple that I couldn't find at all, using photos. These are high quality decals with peel off backs just like any racing decal you are familiar with. I felt the total cost was reasonable as I had a pretty large order, once spares were included. I am confident they can supply your decal. The cost for one decal may be more than you are willing to pay.

PC7 5.jpg

PC7 8.jpg

PC7 17.jpg

It is absolutely wonderful to see the response to this plea for help and information. Be so thankful to AACA for hosting this Forum. Sure you have to read/put up with a lot of opinions and there a lot of people who comment on any and everything , I guess meaning well, or perhaps seeking recognition? BUT the service this club site provides is like no other. Give credit where credit is due - Thank you AACA.Walt G.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Walt G said:

It is absolutely wonderful to see the response to this plea for help and information. Be so thankful to AACA for hosting this Forum. Sure you have to read/put up with a lot of opinions and there a lot of people who comment on any and everything , I guess meaning well, or perhaps seeking recognition? BUT the service this club site provides is like no other. Give credit where credit is due - Thank you AACA.Walt G.

Walt,

Well said. Thank you to those that replied with information and/or companies that may help me. I'll follow up with them.

If it were me, I would sit down with that photo and work up the artwork in Inkscape, which is a vector graphic programme. It is then scalable to any size with no pixellation because it is not a bit map image. I did just that for my Canadian Dodge Brothers and Mackinnon Industries name plates. Of course, you can't turn a photo into a vector image - you have to redraw it. I made the photo semi-transparent and worked over it to generate the artwork. I had them photo etched. You would send them to a printer of stickers.

ARI-1.thumb.jpg.973c57cc4d7aceec00900d4c1896e903.jpg

• Like 1