Side opening hood release Help! I have 5272 with driver's side release - jambed?? Not happening. Has been fine through innumerable openings til now......Can pull to the "stop nut"? *can see the rear/closest Seems willing to move,,,,can not really see

wisjer5272rx

This site is frustrating me......Technical advice, hint thought not included in the subject matter

Can't figure out where to go for what.....I seem to have posted a Title that is actually a message, tried 'cutting' didn't seem to work.

Would seem that perhaps this is the area for commentary?  Still have hood release problem... 

What's the 'required' drag/attach files routine?  Providing picture just to fulfill the requirement.

59831247-770-0@2X.jpg

2 hours ago, wisjer5272rx said:

This site is frustrating me......Technical advice, hint thought not included in the subject matter

Can't figure out where to go for what.....I seem to have posted a Title that is actually a message, tried 'cutting' didn't seem to work.

Would seem that perhaps this is the area for commentary?  Still have hood release problem... 

What's the 'required' drag/attach files routine?  Providing picture just to fulfill the requirement.

59831247-770-0@2X.jpg

Beautiful Mod 72.   

If I had that problem I would open the other side and with help , release the offending piece. Then determine the cause of the problem. 

Ben

Edited by Ben Bruce aka First Born (see edit history)

Ben, greatly appreciate the reply - I have opened other side and tried to determine what was 'hanging up'.  The problem seemed to be with the catch at the front but that is awfully hard to see or get to....any experience/hints or guess?  *I notice that little ball/stop on the cable.......might I loosen that to gain more distance to pull?  Hmm, bet the mechanism is quite different on the '50, what with the wrench operation OR does that just activate a cable set-up?

The "wrench" operation you are speaking of was just the early models.  Not sure when it changed. Mine has pull cables.

I am pretty sure '52 is same as '50.  The cable one pulls only unlocks the rear latch. A bar goes from the rear latch to the front latch. My bet is somehow the adjustment has slipped. Also a bit of lube may be wanting.

Ben

Thanks again Ben.  I'll check lube as best I can from 4ft.....Prone to think lube isn't the issue as I 'lubed' "every imaginable" last fall and the passenger side shows clear evidence of the lube........Rod adjustment.....have to try something I guess. Will report back  Thanks again for taking the time.

• Like 1