34 Dodge

13 minutes ago, knobless said:

Thanks Keifer, yes they have them, got the old out, is it worth it to try and free the old one up? 

I guess that would depend on what the cost of new ones are.

Correction $120, with Ca, tax, and $22.00 to ship, I just shipped a set of king pins back for $7.00 a lot heavier then this item, I don’t mind paying for hard to find parts but when they take advantage of people with inflated shipping cost I call BS, think I’ll stay local with the rest of the restoration on the 34,,,, Joke!

Shipping a set of kingpins for 7.00.  They either went Flat rate small box or media mail which they wouldn't qualify for.   I ship ALOT.  It's hard to move anything over a pound more than one state for less than 10.00 unless it fits in the flat rate little boxes.  

I also have no problem paying whatever the person wants for shipping as long as the whole purchase falls within the price I was willing to pay for the item.  This has always bothered me especially being a seller on ebay.  A customer wins an item then complains about the cost of shipping.  Am I one of the few people that take shipping into the whole purchase price?  It's clearly spelled out before you buy the item,  it's not like it's a mystery and the seller suddenly springs it on you as an extra charge.  I don't know the specifics of your transaction, but shipping really urks me as since Amazon offers free shipping everyone actually thinks shipping is free.  You pay one way or another not even for Amazon is it free.  Packing materials aren't either if you do any volume.  My last box order which I hope lasts for 2 months was $800 and that's through a company with really cheap boxes. 

This part would almost fit in a ring box And weighs maybe 10/12 oz,  $22 , come on that’s rip “ period, that’s ok that’s my last purchase from them you always have to do one buy to see what your dealing with, I do a lot on eBay too but ever have iovercharged anyone for shipping costs If I made a mistake on my end I eat it not pass it on to customers, 

Edited by knobless (see edit history)
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JACK M said:

I buy a lot of small stuff on Ebay.

Just about always hit the free shipping option.

Except shipping is not free.  You are paying for it in the price of the item.  Actually sometimes you are paying too much for free shipping because the seller has to price it so it encompasses the entire country.   A flat rate no big deal,  but a big or heavy item that can't go that way and you could pay way too much if it only has to go across your state instead. 

Agree, I am talking about small items that usually go USPS.

Sometimes comparing like items with shipping quoted will be less expensive, but after hearing all the negatives about eBay's shipping policies I would rathe not get involved.