1941 Ford Woody $6500 obo

I have a 1941 ford woody project for sale.  This is a very complete car.  Many aspects of the 41 model year woody are unique to that year and all of the hard pieces to locate are here.  Most of the wood needs replaced but there are savable pieces on the interior.  The floors are all there.  As you would expect there are areas that need repaired on the floors.  The rockers also need repair.  All of the glass is original ford.  It has 1951 mercury engine in it.  It was last started and driven in 1974.  I have a few extra parts for it that go with the car.  Please message me with e-mail address for more pictures.  Please specify if you would like pictures of specific areas.  I have a clear title in my name. Asking price is $6,500 obo.  

profile1.jpg

profile2.jpg

profile3.jpg

Edited by flatheadkid1
lower price (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

2 sirens is the quick answer................

one stood on each side with a pitcher filled with cool cool water, on a hot day and poured it on the doors in unison..............

oh that water was fine, and lured me in straightaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps garage roof gave away- this was a nicely restored car in the early 70s..........

• Like 1

Yes Jack- that be the one.

Randy, three are on ebay at 90k 99k and 129k

yes they are all nutz!

Im figuring 30k when Im done and will prob have close to that in it.

BTW still looking for that elusive 63-67 corvette.

just sold my nomad yesterday and am cash relevant.

• 2 weeks later...

so I go to remove the old gas tank today and every bolt is rusted out solid. Took the grinder under the tank and yes, there is a tiny bit of seepage where the ends rusted through, but that wasnt the problem.

smelled some wood burning and looked up and the rear corner post was smoldering! could see a couple of embers up on the inside of the post and yes, it smelled like a campfire. quick run into the house for some water and tough to douse out, because it was burning from inside the center of the post, where it had rotted out.

didnt see that coming.............

whole underside is full of scale and need to wear goggles everytime I get under there. Good news is the metal isnt as bad as I thought, but the wood is worse.

going to use a local timber mill for the wood and they have a staff of three that can rough cut everything for me. I have most of the patterns.

I would love to see you start posting your work in the "Our Cars and Restorations" area.  Looks like a challenging but very interesting project.  Not sure if you have time to post there or not, just a suggestion.  Good luck with the car!

• Like 1

Water can be the very best thing to use for some fires. But quick draw may be the critical factor so you don't have to run anywhere. Better than keeping a couple of 1/2 full 5 gallon pails kicking around your shop, are those stainless steel air pressurized H2O extinguishers. Great aim for targeted delivery. Efficient, less mess. I got mine for almost nothing from University of Washington surplus many years ago.    -   Carl 

• Like 1