1927 Windshield Base Rubber Weatherstripping

Crazyfamily

If anyone has a good picture From the outside of the base/bottom weatherstripping that seals the roll up windshield on a 1927 Standard Buick (not sure if Master is the same) and could post it?  I’d appreciate it....

This rubber is broken up and needs replaced on my car however whoever painted my car painted slightly up onto the little bit of molding that’s left.

My issue is I’d like to replace the rubber weatherstripping and I know Steele Products sells it however with the paint going up onto the current rubber my worry is removing the rubber and not damaging more of the paint!

I am hoping that a new rubber weatherstripping would cover down onto the paint a bit to cover any small paint issues that WILL occur when I remove the current rubber!

I apologize I am not at the car but here is where i am referring to:

166D3F3D-6285-4665-8936-E47983230C2E.jpeg

Here is a couple of pictures from my '26 but the '27 is the same'. If you are worried about the rubber pealing the paint when removing just run a razor blade along the edge of the rubber first then paint under where the new rubber goes and nobody will ever know the difference. The pictures are window closed and open.

DSC05969.JPG

DSC05971.JPG

10 hours ago, McCargar said:

Here is a couple of pictures from my '26 but the '27 is the same'. If you are worried about the rubber pealing the paint when removing just run a razor blade along the edge of the rubber first then paint under where the new rubber goes and nobody will ever know the difference. The pictures are window closed and open.

DSC05969.JPG

DSC05971.JPG

Awesome thank you Sir! So it looks like the section I marked in red is quite wide and basically nonexistent on mine right now!!  So a new rubber seal on the base of the windshield should cover any paint issue I believe!

this section I highlighted in red is all rubber and looks a little over 1/2 inch wide?

46160F98-8D01-4FBB-9C49-BF86D29630F4.jpeg

A couple more pictures... This is the kit Steele sells for the Fisher VV windshield. Installed it about 10 years ago. My car is a 26-47  I would be surprised if the 27-27 is any different. The measurement from the glass to the end of the rubber strip is just over 1/2 inch. Side channels also come with the kit. I have been pleased. The windshield rolls up and down easily and when down it does not leak.

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1924.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks so much Bob, this is exactly what I was looking for!  Yes I am pretty sure it’s exacrly the same as the 27/27!

i will be ordering the kit as soon as I get the regulator freed up, it’s been sitting since at least 2004 when the prev owner passed away so the regulator is frozen in place and the crank handle is broken off (fantastic pot metal!) so I need to free it up then ordering all new rubber for the entire car, most of it missing anyway.