Sign in to follow this  
ROBERTWILLIAM

1939 Packard Model 1703 BODY 1277

Seller doesn't know the difference between a V8 and a straight 8.

Appears to be a brand new Ebay dealer.

Interesting car.

Not to say anything disparaging against a Packard, but it's too bad they went from perhaps one of the most handsome dashboards in the '38 senior series to a rather challenged dashboard in the '39 senior series. 

Notwithstanding, I see that the dashboard in this car has lots of plastic which is in pretty poor shape.  Is this stuff being reproduced by someone? 

-- Luke

Even if the dealer is clueless, you'd think the owner could've given some details for the ad. Wiki-info doesn't cut it. Now that Luke mentions it, the dash is a strange hodgepodge of circular and linear, like Packard wanted to go with the trend, but couldn't quite bring themselves to give up the round speedo. Design by committee? I thought at first it might be a scam, but maybe it's just a bad ad.

I'm always amused by the descriptions that are obviously written by a guy who has no idea what the car is. He plucks a few random sentences from Wikipedia and strings them together and adds the words "rare" or "seldom seen" and throws it out there.

I don't have the expertise in Ferraris, Lamborghinis, or Porsches to speak the language fluently. Therefore I don't sell them.