Sign in to follow this  
CWigleyjr

Top Pull Down

Looking for info;

If I pull the top pull down assembly to remove the motor will I still be able to put the latching assembly back to secure the top from weather ?

Dumb Question I know but, please advise. Thanks, Chet

Yes Chet, you will then have a manually operated pull-down. I have it that way on my TC.  It saves being out in the rain and no way to latch the convertible top should the pulldown fail. Just be sure to have a 13/16" deep well socket and ratchet in the trunk at all times.

Is this referring to the motor that secures the two pins at the rear of the convertible top?  If so, where can I find specific instructions to do the same to my TC?  What is the socket and ratchet for?  Is it easier to replace the motor with a new one?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

9 hours ago, iceman8147 said:

Or use the tire iron...

Yes, the tire iron works too, which reminds me to change the size of the deep well socket to a 3/4" rather than the size I mentioned above. The advantage of the ratchet is that it is shorter and can give you a little better "handle" on the situation. Also, I like to keep all my jacking equipment where it is stored, with the spare tire.