Scott Farrington

I have a conundrum - 8 parts cars!!!

6 hours ago, Scott Farrington said:

Unfortunately, one side of the fender speer on the 41 was hit at some point and damaged.  Hopefully you can straighten it and repair as I guess they are rare items.  Driver's side is nice, though pitted.

Absolutely! Straightening, Welding, Modifying and or replacing missing metal is my specialty. Post some photos so we can see what we're up against. 👍🇺🇲

• Like 2

In for a penny... in for 32,000 pounds.   Tonight I secured all eight cars from the field,  buying them in place with plans to move all 8 to my office for parting out.   From the notes on the paperwork and titles,  most of the cars arrived where they sit back in 71/72. They have been sitting since before I was born!  The 49 sedanette and sedan have titles.  The 49 Riviera Hardtop was purchased as a builder... for $5.00.  Attempts were made by letter to locate glass for the car,  however it never happened,  so it sat.   Goes to show how difficult the hobby was compared to today.   In less than 10 minutes I can photograph parts and have them in the eyes of interested parties the world over.  My plan is to move the cars and offer the opportunity for them to be purchased whole.   If the interest is not there,  I will offer them as individual parts on request.   At the end of June,  whatever remains of the lot will be sent to scrap.  I'm hoping for very little to be left.   All of these, except the Riviera,  were driven to their final resting place. Some notes included "a shimmy at 55" on the sedanette... bought for $10 back in '72.  I  will keep everyone abreast of the recovery efforts. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, we have had torrential rain here since I purchased the cars...getting there has been impossible.  I am going to look into another means of moving the cars without hurting them more than the elements already have.

Hope to make progress this week on this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Man don't I know it (rain).  Garage has rain.  And it looks like rain for most of the week. 

Posted (edited)

Update:  my conundrum became my reality this weekend.   All of the cars are now out of the woods and in my parking lot at work.  At this time,  my plan of attack is to cut up the four cars that I have deemed to be too far gone to be of value to anyone.   I am going to offer folks here first shots at anything left on the 8 cars.   Personally, I'd prefer to sell cars whole to people here rather than attempt to piece them out.   I will accept reasonable offers for the cars.   I will post each one here in the coming days under the for sale section.   Buy the whole car of or show up here and take what you want off and i'll scrap the carcass.   I have an area indoors to pull the cars in to work on them and can load them.   I have until the end of August to sell them or part them out and have them gone.    The cars are, in order of value: 1941 Buick super sedan with complete dual carb intake, 1949 Buick Roadmaster Riviera Hardtop,  1949 Buick Roadmaster Sedanette,  1947-48 Buick Roadmaster Sedans, 1949 Buick Roadmaster sedan,  and 1948 Buick Super Sedan. Again: pictures of the cars as well as a description will be posted in the coming days.   What does not sell here goes to fleabay.  Then hotrodders, then the junk man cometh!  Thanks everyone. 

Edited by Scott Farrington (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Anyone want to guess why I was excided when I opened the rear door on the 1941 Sedan?  There is a little spot of rust on the one, however, I will clean them up and get a better shot of them for all of you!  Anyone looking for a set of COMPLETE 1941 Buick Fender Skirts?

Resized952019072295124702951090.jpg

• Like 3