harvest

unknown doors for sale TEENS/20's

have no clue what these are from.  removed from barn storage and hopefully someone can use them. don't know what to ask for price, so make an offer!   located at zip 18013. PM me if interested. thank you

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

d6.jpg

d7.jpg

d8.jpg

d9.jpg

d10.jpg

• Like 1

Guessing from outside handle may be a studebaker,packard mcfarland of 1921-1925 ish not sure on those early bake lite handles, get up close picture showing any ornate detail of inside handles maybe I can guess, the doors are old for sure hope someone can use them hate to see it scrapped especially the hardware.like the bicycle chain for window regulator.

good luck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thehandleman said:

Guessing from outside handle may be a studebaker,packard mcfarland of 1921-1925 ish not sure on those early bake lite handles

From your "handle" I'd think you should know but to this very inexperienced eye looks more like rust rather than bakelite. Were some outside handles made of bakelite at some stage? I await enlightenment.

• Like 1

Well, I am pretty good almost 60 and started doing handles in 1971 as a young man with my dad, with over 63k oem original handles everyday I get a request and have nothing. Let me enlighten you, none of the manufactures made there own handles like seven or so made handles like ternsteadt, lyons, majestic, guardian, etc., like durant around 29-30 had like seven different outside handles in one production year run, they took whatever was ledt over from handle companies (cheap) try and find and argue who has the correct handle, mopar used same design handle for 32-34 plymouth but yet used six dif shaft lengths notched straight and four dif escutcheons convex oval 1 1/2 “ ctr to ctr 1 3/4 holes teardrop teardrop covered. Get my drift there is so many variances and so many handles I have and do not know what they are. So tried to suggest my thoughts Good luck, and yes that black is a form of bake lite in between black electrical tape.

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the tutorial, didn't realise the variances/difficulties/differences were so profound! :D

• Like 1

handleman, I will try to get a pic of the inside handles. hopefully that will help to identify these doors.  I had a few members say possibly Studebaker or Electric car but I spent hours searching them cars on google images with no luck.  

Ozstatman I am restoring a 1928 Dodge Brothers Senior with a Tourer body by Holdens in Adelaide and the handles on it are pot metal and bakelite 

Thanks Ron. learning all the time!😉

pic of the inner door. the handles have been broke but we can see the shape of their base.  still have no idea what these doors were from?

d11.jpg

Ok, I am thinking this might be a 1924 Dodge Brothers Doctors Coupe Coach research and tell me what you think

Good Luck

handleman, apriciate the heads up, but my doors are different from a 24 dodge doctors coupe coach. I have very rounded panels at the base these doors.