RICHELIEUMOTORCAR

1932 Plymouth Woodie Station Wagon. Most likely the only one left.

mine does fold, not sure on all models,but I would think so, Mine is a really good driver which needs some updating tires wheels re done some summer projects

cheers

Per Don Butler's book the collegiate special started in May of 32 as a PB sport roadster special-order car --any college colors extra $40.00

the PA chassis woody is sweet --- most all of the 31/32 pa i have had all had 32 titles ---- we just say it's a PA car 

Cantrell was in Huntington, NY on the north shore of long island . They had a good relationship with Chrysler from about 1937 on and got cars from the Tarrytown, NY plant. they also supplied Packard in the 1939-40 era.

In the late 1920s and early 1930s several Franklins and Buicks were bodied by Cantrell. Look towards Hemmings Classic Car magazine for a story on the company and one of the cars later this year, I have many period photographs of the factory in the 1939-41 era along with the Cantrell brothers that will be part of that story. 30-40 years ago I was in contact with one of the fellows that worked for them and got a lot of first hand information etc. all will be in that story. WG

Just so many stories , so little time! Geez. If I stayed away from the Forum I would get the stories done

• Like 3

Spoke with my elderly Mom who grew up there, she remembered the Cantrell Company plant in Huntington,nice brochure

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nice to see all the interest in this Plymouth woodie. Now, does anyone want to make an offer on her? 20k is a starting number. I will work with serious buyers, however, I am not going to give something this unique away. I spoke of other Plymouths including a roadster and a convertible coupe so I just posted a few photos. Enjoy.  😀 Maybe someone would like to make a package deal on 3 very rare Plymouths. They are all 100% savable and will be saved.

IMG_1910.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

Edited by RICHELIEUMOTORCAR (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Matt

with one picture you maid my heart sink to my toenails--- I have been rebuilding a PA convertible coupe and looking or making parts for the car to complete the top they are only for this car and the Desoto  that matches.   I have always wanted to complete my project with little to no luck finding the wooden top parts to do patterns. I have thought if I could find a car compete but unrestored I would try to by it......SO if you could think about what it may be worth AS-IS ----- Allan

That's some cool stuff you have there!

On 5/11/2019 at 5:49 AM, Walt G said:

Cantrell was in Huntington, NY on the north shore of long island . They had a good relationship with Chrysler from about 1937 on and got cars from the Tarrytown, NY plant. they also supplied Packard in the 1939-40 era.

In the late 1920s and early 1930s several Franklins and Buicks were bodied by Cantrell. Look towards Hemmings Classic Car magazine for a story on the company and one of the cars later this year, I have many period photographs of the factory in the 1939-41 era along with the Cantrell brothers that will be part of that story. 30-40 years ago I was in contact with one of the fellows that worked for them and got a lot of first hand information etc. all will be in that story. WG

Just so many stories , so little time! Geez. If I stayed away from the Forum I would get the stories done

Walt, let us know when you have a more concrete date for that issue. I don't subscribe to Hemmings any longer but will definitely be interested in obtaining that issue.

Thanks for all you do
Dave

Thanks Dave, will do. The car to be photographed will have to be done when the weather is clear as it resides in central NY State.  It is beautifully restored now but made the Plymouth that has  photos of it posted here look like a restored car compared to what the car I know of was like, it is not a Chrysler product.

Thank you for the compliment , I really appreciate that. I love to share what I have be it information, images , period photographs etc. I have lots of stuff , 99% of it  WWI to WWII era. Some people are collectors and not researchers/authors. I can  put a story together so want to "get it out there". I know what its like and how I feel when I read something on a subject I enjoy and learn something I didn't know before . Thanks again.Walt.

• Like 1

Matt....You may want to post the two other Plymouths separate from this thread.

Here is a picture of my 1927 Dodge with an original Cantrell Body. The only parts that are labeled Cantrell are the decal on the wooden header above the windshield and Cantrell cast into the spare tire holder.

IMG_0376.JPG

• Like 2

WOW that  1927 Dodge with the Cantrell body is absolutely spectacular! Cantrell identified their coachwork with that decal, no metal emblem I am aware of. MOSt interested to read that they cast their name into the spare tire holder.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Walt G said:

WOW that  1927 Dodge with the Cantrell body is absolutely spectacular! Cantrell identified their coachwork with that decal, no metal emblem I am aware of. MOSt interested to read that they cast their name into the spare tire holder.

Here is the decal and spare tire holder

Spare tire holder.jpg

Spsre Tire holder 1.jpg

Cantrel decal.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RICHELIEUMOTORCAR said:

Nice to see all the interest in this Plymouth woodie. Now, does anyone want to make an offer on her? 20k is a starting number. I will work with serious buyers, however, I am not going to give something this unique away. I spoke of other Plymouths including a roadster and a convertible coupe so I just posted a few photos. Enjoy.  😀 Maybe someone would like to make a package deal on 3 very rare Plymouths. They are all 100% savable and will be saved.

IF I was 30 years younger.........

Craig

I sent Matt a PM about the Plymouths but no reply ---- any body have contact info for him and could send me a PM.  Thanks Allan

This one of a kind survivor woodie is ready to be loaded up and could be yours. Let's move some more rare old cars here. As the path clears, you guys are going to be in shock as I start offering more treasures. :o Let's go guys. 

• Like 1