Sign in to follow this  
TerryB

1936 Accessory Item

Today’s project was cleaning up these 1936 “cars”.  My mother in laws toys from the mid 1930s.  Train is a Lionel junior set.  The other toys were in the box with the train.  She passed away in 2003, brother in law had them and now he gave them to my wife and I.

2ED3522C-BE91-4FB1-8069-A4005C2A55DE.jpeg

132D34D4-3FB4-4731-8AB6-E228A4809953.jpeg

E9A393D2-95DB-4F9A-8AA0-00A40E1B4470.jpeg

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 7

That's a nice little collection Terry.

• Like 1

Yes, they are neat to see and work to get them looking better after sitting in cardboard boxes in a basement for a very long time.  There is another Lionel train set from my father in law we now have that dates to the late 1920s.  Eventually after I have my fun with them cleaning and fixing small mechanical issues they are destined to the sales block as we do not have space to do anything with them.

At least I get to do some restoration work, even if it’s only on a small scale.  Today it was all trains including some 1950s ho stuff.  

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I like the yellow and green Arcade Pierce Arrow sedan and the Willys wagon. Very nice!

• Like 1

The Pierce is a “take apart”, the body is held on to the chassis by a stiff springlike wire.  That wire is still intact and doing it’s job.  More proof girls don’t beat up toys like boys like to do.  Even the tires are original to it.

That’s a great family treasure. Thanks for sharing.