Jump to content

Dads 1964 Ford Country Squire Survivor


Recommended Posts

After living in my Dad's garage for 53 years I was forced to move my dad's 64 squire out of it's comfy garage.

The car itself has less than 34K miles and has been spoiled like a baby all of it's life by first my dad and now myself.

It sports a 289 with 3 on the tree and power nothing in it's rich Chantilly beige metallic factory paint just as it was special ordered back in April of 64. The fake wood sides look just as fresh as the day they cut down the fake trees to make them. It also has it's original paperwork and gas/maintenance logs which have been saved as well. It also has the original license plates and dealer frames it received in may of 64.  It has stayed in the Seattle area all of it's life except an early trip to New Mexico and one into the Canadian Rockies.  I maybe looking for someone in the near future that has a nice clean warm garage to adopt this 55 year old spoiled child. 

RightSide.jpg

RightFrontLow.jpg

RightRearLow.jpg

RearLeftLow.jpg

FrontLeftLow.jpg

WagonVincentSchoolFrontSeat.jpg

WagonVincentSchoolBackSeat.jpg

SquireEngineBaySm1.jpg

Dash2-10-10-18.jpg

XXX5Sm.jpg

CountrySquireatSequim.jpg

WindowInvoice.jpg

Edited by Don G
Added more info (see edit history)
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish I could give it a home. but no room or finances for such a nice vehicle,   I have had two Ford wagons and loved them both. A 57 and a 60

 

You might want to include your location as this forum reaches world wide.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice wagon!

What a great car to have with all the family history behind it.

 

One of my uncles has my grandfather's '64 Ford Wagon that he bought new.

It has the 390 T-Bird motor with an automatic.

No wood on the side, just the molding.

 

At one time my late father had 3 '64 Galaxies.

Great driving cars for their size and they can really get up and run with the 390 under the hood.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Don G said:

After living in my Dad's garage for 53 years I was forced to move my dad's 64 squire out of it's comfy garage....

 

That's a beautiful car, Don, and as you probably know,

station wagons aren't seen all that often, since they

were overlooked as collector cars for many years.

I assume it was just the car, not you, living in that

garage for 53 years!

 

One economical source for garage space, one of our

local club members found, is an older person who has

a 2-car garage but uses only one bay.  He arranged a space

for $25 a month, where garages here otherwise rent for

at least $50 a month.  Just be sure that the older person

drives carefully--and park your car on the other car's

PASSENGER side so no driver will open doors against yours.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy that sure is a beauty.  Please let us know if it does come up for adoption.  I have a nice dry fully heated garage that I store and do minor work on my cars in.  I think I could find space for her if the timing is right.  Also building another super large garage for reuglar work so space shouldn't be a problem,  but money may be.  We'll see. It's all timing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zepher said:

Very nice wagon!

What a great car to have with all the family history behind it.

 

One of my uncles has my grandfather's '64 Ford Wagon that he bought new.

It has the 390 T-Bird motor with an automatic.

No wood on the side, just the molding.

 

At one time my late father had 3 '64 Galaxies.

Great driving cars for their size and they can really get up and run with the 390 under the hood.

 

 

The 64 galaxie's were the last of the round rocket tail lights which i love.

Edited by Don G (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Don G said:

 

 

The 64 galaxie's were the last of the round rocket tail lights which i love.

 

Agreed, they are great looking cars for their size.

They are not small cars by any means but boy are those lines nice.

He had a 2 door 500 with the 352 / auto, a 2 door 500XL with the 390 / auto and a 4 door hard top 500XL with the 390 / auto.

I used to joke with him and tell him the XL meant Extra Large.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, leosdad said:

What a fine looking car.That 289 looks lost in ther.I can't help being a little jealous.

 

 

 

Lots of room under the hood for sure.

The 289 is surprisingly peppy without having to drive any accessory pumps or lost slippage through the inefficient automatic transmissions of the era. The car averaged between 17 to 18mpg according to my dads log book and I remember on the trip back to New Mexico he averaged 23mpg on one fill up (it is always nice having a strong tail wind).

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rarely do we get to see and enjoy a genuine survivor like this. A great looking car from a whole "nother era". The very name "Country Squire" would be a tough marketing phrase today, but back then, it captured the imagination of wealth, freedom and taste. And those faux woodie panels, so cool. I expect there are many Ford (or wagon) guys who would love to own this fine car, likely best example on the planet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

Rarely do we get to see and enjoy a genuine survivor like this. A great looking car from a whole "nother era". The very name "Country Squire" would be a tough marketing phrase today, but back then, it captured the imagination of wealth, freedom and taste. And those faux woodie panels, so cool. I expect there are many Ford (or wagon) guys who would love to own this fine car, likely best example on the planet. 

 

 

Thank you Gunsmoke for your encouraging words, my dad would have been very pleased with your assessment.

The car has definitely had allot of hours of elbow grease applied to it's paint job. 

I had an article about the car appear in the Old Cars Weekly News & Marketplace / May 24, 2018 issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...