victorialynn2

What is the story behind your “handle”?

My father told me that our first house was a money pit and I didn’t even get a cool car with it like the movie around the same time... as I’m remembering it was a Lincoln Roadster maybe???

Anyhow, it works for my collection as well and sort of stuck.

• Like 2

No mystery, first name is Terry and last name begins with B.  I guess it shows lack of creativity!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, alsancle said:

All the work was being done on Solaris based computers and standard operating procedure was 8 character usernames.   Typically first letter of first name + 7 characters of last name.

My Wife entered the punch card computer age with her maiden name, Christine Ann Christensen. Life had not always been easy among the card punchers.

• Like 1

Mine is pretty simple as well.  I'm still looking for the Auburn so I'm seeking an Auburn.  Someday I hope to change it to AuburnFinder. ;) 

• Like 2

Never trust someone that doesn't like dogs!

I never get tired of saying that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

All these years I thought it was the concatination of your first name, initials and "ass".

You got it wrong! I was referring to you and  me in the handle, since we are like two peas in a pod.......I couldn’t use the & symbol in the logo.........so “in” substituted for the &, thus in a perfect world it would have been “Ed&Ass”! 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having owned my 1930 DeSoto CK rumble seat coupe since 1971 and finally completing it about 5 years ago, I figured I could claim this title. It is Canadian and one of 600 total Canadian DeSoto production in 1930IMG_2617.thumb.JPG.af0fba5f9501ac5768b485a9480581b9.JPG

• Like 4

When I first saw my car, the "Buick Eight" badge on the front stuck out to me.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Never trust someone that doesn't like dogs!

I never get tired of saying that.

Never trust someone your dog doesn't like either.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Brass is Best said:

Never trust someone your dog doesn't like either.

I mostly agree,  except when you have small dogs that don't like anybody (including most of the people in the family).

IMG_5452.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Easy peasy on mine....Those who know me know that I have two 1931 Dodge Brothers coupes. One of them was my first car. One of my other handles (Ebay) is "31dodger". I really must laugh though. Most of the folks who type my name spell it incorrectly even though it is spelled right there.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

"JetSmooth61" because I was born in 1961 and have owned a number of 1961-65 Chevrolets with the "Jet Smooth" ride.  The handle is outdated since I sold the Chevrolets and now own a 1962 Buick Skylark.  I still like the handle and will keep it. 

Edited by JetSmooth61 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

OldCarFudd because I'm an old fudd with old cars.  When I post tour reports to the HCCA website I usually sign off with Gil Fitzhugh the Elder, to distinguish myself from my son, who's also in the hobby.  So I get called Fudd or Elder on tour, and people sometimes respond to one of my posts by calling me GFtE.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I mostly agree,  except when you have small dogs that don't like anybody

DON'T touch the Packard!

004.thumb.JPG.7077039a9483840c40b2d782d32b5f87.JPG

Miniature because he is shaped like a miniature Packard?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tom_in_nh said:

Mine is self explanatory....

However I would prefer "Tom in Hawaii" instead. 🙂

I grew up in NH. It has it’s charms. 

• Like 1

You should be able to piece together the Xander Wildeisen. I have always thought that most problems with the internet would go away, if people had to use their real name, for their user name. Might cut down on a lot of harmful things that are said, and traffic to websites that should never be able to operate. The "Highly Questionable Member" I put there because I am a custom car guy on a classic/restored forum? Why this forum? A lot of very knowledgeable people on here, and that knowledge covers all areas of the auto industry. And it reaches into all corners of the hobby/industry/trade. Growing up in Idaho, we just do not have the type of cars out here that you see on this forum/club. It is a real treat to see pictures of peoples Duesenbergs. Cords, Packards, Stutzs, Pierce Arrows and so on. It is also a good forum to slip in a comment about things related to small businesses within this industry. While this is not the biggest platform to voice an opinion. I think it reaches a lot of the eyes and ears, of people who could do or say something about it. I joined SEMA, and looked at the people running for their board/committee. There are comments about paying attention to small businesses in some of the write ups. A lot of attention should be paid to what people are faced with in this industry. The health and future of your hobby/industry/trade depends on it. You have lost a lot of talent with what goes on. The picture I have right now is of Panzer and his watering bucket. He along with his partner in crime Sadie, guarded the shop. You would have to be wrapped in bacon to be in any danger. Sadie was very smart, but Panzer was very intelligent. I always said "sadie's nose knows, but Panzer knows". He had a lot figured out up there.

phone shots #2 022.jpg

Saidey.jpg

• Like 4

My  Avatar is Moose, he was a rescued mutt and my favorite. I would start any car and he would jump right in, once or twice over a closed door in an open car I had. I miss having him as my copilot when the wife didn’t want to go. I wish I had a picture of him on my phone, but our next dog just turned 12 and is OK with rides but needs a boost even with running boards.

Time does have a way of going by too quickly...

FBD46030-33B4-4F2E-B86E-49634882D411.jpeg

• Like 4

well my handle is pretty simple and self explanatory to any / most football fans :)

I am a Die hard Chicago Bears Fan since around 1980, wee young lad at the time. then the number 315, well that was a pick, since BearsFan was taken, and of course they give you the next available number as an option it was some crazy number in the 100's, so I chose a number, 1, 3 & 5 being my favs, so did 315 !!

been using it for years, however my very first handle back in the early 80's was cbears, as most know everything on a pc had to be under 8 characters, i thought this was simple and self explanatory till everyone thought it meant carebears.... so next round solved that issue :)

• Haha 1

I could have gone with something 007ish of course, but having it on our license plates and getting asked all the time if I'm related to James Bond was enough.  Decided to just use my name since everybody knows me anyway.  Maybe someday I'll make up something different - like Spark Plug Collector, or Sparky, or Fouled in oil, or...

Terry

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Terry Bond said:

I could have gone with something 007ish of course, but having it on our license plates and getting asked all the time if I'm related to James Bond was enough.  Decided to just use my name since everybody knows me anyway.  Maybe someday I'll make up something different - like Spark Plug Collector, or Sparky, or Fouled in oil, or...

Terry

Use running rich.:lol:

Besides old cars, I love the old comedies, Laurel And Hardy, Our gang, WC Fields, hence my handle here, which I use on quite a few other boards. BTW, my real name is Mahatma Kane Jeeves

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

…….and if I DID know Carl LaFong, I wouldn't tell ya......WC is one of my favorites, I could do a 10 minute monologue of his lines and asides (you have to pay attention in his movies, a lot of the best lines are said under his breath)….

My handle should be obvious, when I was younger I apprenticed in upholstery at a well known Virginia restoration shop, after two years there I decided to get back into engineering, my degree.

After retiring, I started doing a "little" trim work, which has now kept me busy "trimming a car" for 6 years.  Time to quit and do my own projects, while there's still a little time left!

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

36Hupp, Charter member of the  Hupp club  started in 1970.My  36  Model N in  out  of  a thousand  cars in  our  club, my  1936 N is the  only registered and  running on the  road. Plus its 1 of  21  produced. But  since I  was  gifted with  a 1927  Pierce Arrow  I  may have to change it .

Edited by Hupp36 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My handle is a purposeful misspelling of the word Zephyr.

I had read that the word zepher, with the 'E' instead of the 'Y' meant troublemaker or miscreant.

I've used it many other places before and after joining this site.

• Like 2