Jump to content

Hubcap Identification


Recommended Posts

I think late 70's early 80's,  chevy of course.  I believe these were used across the whole GM line and they just changed the center emblem accordingly. My guess would be for a Chevy Caprice or maybe Malibu.  I had a big stack of NOS ones,  still sealed in plastic,  seemed nobody wanted them and they were genuine GM not the cheap aftermarket ones you bought at the discount store that were chromed steel and rusted in a week or so. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend has thousands of 'driver quality' caps and nobody will buy them.  The market has completely dried up unless they're NOS or perfect used, and even those are slow sellers.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are still some sellers but they are usually only the spinner variations or mint dog dish poverty caps.  Alot of guys rehabbing not truly restoring cars tend to go with custom wheels. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

My friend has thousands of 'driver quality' caps and nobody will buy them.  The market has completely dried up unless they're NOS or perfect used, and even those are slow sellers.

I have a few....

 

Picture 29129.jpg

Picture 29128.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had good success selling common driver quality caps like those pictured at Carlisle & Hershey for $5 each. What's left by Saturday afternoon I sell for $1 (by then they're clutter and spark no joy at all ! ). I fill several spaces and don't bring many back home. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, alands94 said:

Any idea on these?  9 inch and 6 inch.  Thanks!

 

IMG_20190504_132327.jpg

Looks like 1966 Chrysler dog dish (also called a "clown hat" in MoPar circles) and a 1973-78 Monte Carlo center cap.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

13CADDY....A guy with a wrecking yard up the road had a little shed on his property. It was about 12' x 10' and was full of hub caps and wheel covers. The shed was leaning and about to fall down so I asked Jim, the owner of the yard what he was going to do about it. He said he just wanted to get rid of them. I made him an offer and brought 7-truck loads home in my little 1967 Dodge A100 pickup (see photo). If you look up my address on Google Earth, you can see the pile from space....

229759_2047267020255_340196_n.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, keiser31 said:

13CADDY....A guy with a wrecking yard up the road had a little shed on his property. It was about 12' x 10' and was full of hub caps and wheel covers. The shed was leaning and about to fall down so I asked Jim, the owner of the yard what he was going to do about it. He said he just wanted to get rid of them. I made him an offer and brought 7-truck loads home in my little 1967 Dodge A100 pickup (see photo). If you look up my address on Google Earth, you can see the pile from space....

229759_2047267020255_340196_n.jpg

How come there is not a complete set of hubcaps on this?;)

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

How come there is not a complete set of hubcaps on this?;)

If you look closely you will see a center cap on the front and a dog dish cap on the rear. It had four caps....just not all the same.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...