Wanted-1955 Oldsmobile 88 Holiday

Teaskee

How about a 1956 Holiday 88 Four Door Sedan in red and white? It's a good old car with an old repaint and  seat covers. Runs and drives well. Use as-is or improve while you enjoy it. Price is 9,000.00 and it is located near Jefferson, WI. Give me a call if you have an interest 734-730-4274 or motoringicons@hotmail.com  We also have a 1955 88 two door that is restored. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.31.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.31.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.30.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.30.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.30.07 PM.png

Teaskee, we hope you're successful in your search.

Please be aware, though, that putting so many

qualifications on your search will make it harder

or much lengthier.

For some reason, any nice General Motors 4-door hardtop

from the mid-1950's is hard to find.  They came out in

mid-year 1955, and collectors tend to cherish and restore

the more "glamorous" models--convertibles and 2-door 

hardtops--in any year, so fewer 4-door hardtops have been

preserved.

Then, specifying the precise model and color combination

means that you may have eliminated 95% of the rare possibilities.

And then, of course, you need to find one fairly priced,

not overpriced as many old cars are when they're first offered.

Don't be discouraged.  Just be realistic and dedicated

in your search.  Look at the ads on www.hemmings.com

every week or two.  You may happen across one within a month;

you may require 5 or 10 years.  Meanwhile, find out what other

makes and models your dad admires, and maybe buy one

of those to make memories while you keep searching for

the blue-and-white Olds. 

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

I am on the east coast. I know shipping can get expensive but for the right car I would be willing to pay to ship.

i am open to considering a 56 or even the 98 model. Definitely want the holiday though. A 2 door could be an option but would really prefer blue and white. 

• 1 month later...

It took longer than expected but I just found this one.  Hits alot of the bells on the wish list and it's East Coast. 

It does appear to have had a little rocker work and may still have an issue on the inside of the front fender or front of the rocker when looking underneath.  Rear bumper is a bit tired but interior is nice though may not be the exact correct blue material.  Opening bid of 18,500.  I don't think it will sell for that but maybe.  That's probably fair money or a tad high. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Oldsmobile-Eighty-Eight-2-door-hrtp/143289939032?hash=item215cbef458:g:AeIAAOSw3jFc~sOV

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

Price IS a tad high, I've seen better 55 Holiday Coupes sell for less, I'd like it more with a detailed trunk and engine compartment and the correct size battery. It does however look like a pretty solid car, might have a rebuilt Hydramatic as clean as it looks. Pictures of the headliner & engine air cleaner would also help. Seats are an incorrect green material and it looks to me like the body color is more green than turquoise as it also has green plastic window cranks. 4th from last picture is a shot of the RR tire taken from underneath the rear bumper, looks as it should and intact to me. Just my 2 cents, all this could be corrected but with a starting bid of $18,500 I'd keep looking. 

I only posted because after the initial request I haven't seen anything remotely decent to post.  Then again you can wait for the perfect car but if you wait for years, it may be too late.  I agree this isn't the best example but it's a start and maybe one to keep an eye on as the price drops and time passes.  Judging by the 56 models I have seen (seems to be more of those). The price isn't ridiculous just a little high.   Lots of similar 56's for sale,  that if you look deeper are probably a little worse than this car , but they still want just south of 20 G for. 

This one just popped up on the somewhat local craigslist .  Looks good for the money.   Yes the seat covers are incorrect but door panels look good. 

$13,000

https://binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/d/vestal-1955-oldsmobile-super-88-classic/6912115165.html

Well cared for 1955 Oldsmobile Super 88 with V8 engine and 75,301 miles. This beautiful and complete classic car has been garage-stored which has kept the exterior in good condition. Some chrome work needed. Interior of the car is in great condition. Runs well. Additional car parts included with sale. Serious inquiries only!

01010_aPfOd6q6B4A_600x450.jpg

00v0v_2b0lO1qlYiU_600x450.jpg

00C0C_beb43T2MPxX_600x450.jpg

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...