1926 1927 1928 Buick Standard 21" wheels in unrestored condition. 4 fronts and 2 rears available.   $50 each.

Also 2 Standard demountable rims 21" x 3 3/4" wide. One of these is straight but rusty, the other is not rusty and not so straight. $50 for the pair.

I have 4 more decent demountable rims for standard, but at the moment they are holding up my car which is a Master, so if you have 1926 thru 1928 Master rear wheels and/ or 21" x 4 1/2" Master demountable rims I would trade

located near Portland, OR

Kevin
BCA # 47712

wheel 1.jpg

wheel 2.jpg

wheel 3.jpg

rim 1.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

As a test of spoke tightness, I thumped on each spoke with a mallet while holding fingers over the protruding end at the rim, and at least 1 or 2 spokes do have some amount of movement when thumped.  All of the spokes are weathered; front spokes clean up to bare wood with sanding, rear spokes the wood degradation goes deeper. 

Banged up hupcaps are included.  I will look and see if there are any better ones that fit Standard. 

Kevin

front spoke end.jpg

front spokes.jpg

rear spokes.jpg

Edited by Oregon Desert model 45
add content (see edit history)

ok, thanks for the info.  I will take one each of the best front and rear you have.  If you can determine shipping to Mike Bernal at 16860 Oak Glen Ave Morgan Hill Ca. 95037 I can send you a check for that amount or is there some other way you would prefer payment?  You can call me at 408 623 8017 if you prefer.  Thanks  Mike BCA# 49743

• 10 months later...

I have a 1928 Buick model 47S - my wood spoke wheels are in great shape but they are missing the ring that they tire is mounted on. i'm in need of 4 rings- 21 inch. Do you have any of these available? Thank you

IMG_5154.PNG

Those are Standard rims which are 3-3/4" wide, and you have a Master which requires 4-1/2" wide rims.  These will fit over a Master rim but will always be too loose and unsafe to drive on.  They work ok for just holding up the car stationary in the garage, which is what I have been using them for because I am still looking for Master rims.   Very few parts will interchange between Standard and Master models.

Kevin

Kevin, you being from Oregon, did you know Jim Kanne, (pronounced Connie), a very fine old wheelwright South of Portland ? You might remember him set up at good ol'  "always in April". Chances are pretty good he would have had what you guys need. I have never seen so many wheels and rims as he had at his place. I have not been getting out and about for a few years, and it has been that long since I have seen Jim. He was getting on, and then I heard he was not doing too well. Please inquire among your network. Jim was well-known, and it is hard to imagine such a precious inventory as he has/had being treated irresponsibly.    -    Carl 

• Like 1