2019 BCA National Meet - Midwest City OK

BUICK RACER

Based on the current number of registrations, we will expect about 150 Buicks this year.  This is a bit lower than previous years, but it is still going to be a nice show. It just means you can spend longer looking at each Buick.

Our partner for some of this meet, the Okie Mod Squad, has posted their events and ticket prices here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oklahoma-modernism-weekend-tickets-61770888390?ref=estw

I have purchased the Friday night opening event tickets for those who have signed up for our Friday night bus tour to their event. If you are slow to register for our meet, you may be disappointed, because their event has a cap on the number of people who can be accommodated. If anyone wants to go on their fabulous bus tour of Oklahoma City's Mid-century Modern homes on Sunday, the 16th, tickets are available now through the web site I have linked above.

Pete Phillips

The May 26 deadline is in a few days.  This deadline only applies if you want to go on any of the tours or events.  The purpose of the deadline is that we have to take a head count for these events in advance so we can order the proper number of buses, meals, print maps, etc.  It doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to go on these events after the deadline, however there is a chance that you might not be able to, due to the limitations.

If you don't want to go on any tours or events, and just want to register a Buick for the show, you can still do that after the deadline, however a late fee may apply.

• Like 2

Thanks Roy.   Joe Suarez and I - both of us are running for the BOD - have decided that we are going if we are elected and will pay the appropriate late fee.  If we are not elected, we will not be going.   This is simply because for me I have a scheduled vacation with a foreign exchange student coming in from Germany in early August. 

If elected, though these tours sounds great, my focus will only be on the meet as a volunteer. 

• Like 1

Some members have contacted me concerned about the recent weather events in Oklahoma lately.  Yes, there has been a lot of rain and even a few tornados in Oklahoma.  However, these weather events have not impacted the Midwest City area.  In fact, the leadership committee went up there for a final visit on Wednesday, May 22, and everything was good.  So, if you are concerned about the weather somehow damaging the meet, do not.  The show will go on as planned.

• Like 6

I have an extra hotel room at the La Quinta (across the parking lot from the host hotel) available Tuesday-Saturday night if anyone wants it. Contact me here or at 919.233.1973 and I can put your name on the reservation. 

The room is a King ADA-accessible room. 

On 5/28/2019 at 5:27 PM, NCReatta said:

I have an extra hotel room at the La Quinta (across the parking lot from the host hotel) available Tuesday-Saturday night if anyone wants it. Contact me here or at 919.233.1973 and I can put your name on the reservation. 

The room is a King ADA-accessible room. 

My extra room is spoken for. 

We drove the entire planned Route - 66 tour on Friday, and everything was fine. All the roads were clear, no flooding was apparent, and other than seeing a couple of trees down, we saw no signs of damage. Should be a great tour!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pete Phillips said:

This will be the only car I have ever trailered to a national meet--doing it against every impulse and thought I've ever had about trailered show cars--simply don't have the time to do any shake-down drives/test drives in it. Monday.

We will forgive you this time.:D.  Tow it with the '46?

Ben

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pete Phillips said:

This will be the only car I have ever trailered to a national meet--doing it against every impulse and thought I've ever had about trailered show cars--simply don't have the time to do any shake-down drives/test drives in it. Monday.

The mighty has fallen!!!!

• Like 1

The City of Midwest City Planning Department has an aerial camera and a drone aircraft. They are going to fly the thing and take video of our Rte. 66 driving tour line of cars as they depart on the tour Friday morning. They are going to make it available to us for use at the awards banquet Saturday evening, if all goes well!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1