Sign in to follow this  
Morgan Wright

'40 Special for sale

Posted (edited)

Selling my '40 Special, it's all fixed up and running great, mechanically perfect, only asking $8,000 for it. Use it as a daily driver.

BuickKayak.JPG

BuickSnow.jpg

Edited by Morgan Wright (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Interior pics?

I love to see Buick's carrying canoes here is one I sold back a few years. We called her the hill billy buick. Fun driver and the grand kids were sad to see her go.

PS I saw Morgan's car when I picked up some parts from him and it too looks like a fun no non sense driver.

108-0881_IMG.JPG

108-0882_IMG (2).JPG

15 hours ago, Morgan Wright said:

Here is the interior:

Is the engine the original 248ci or  been replaced with a 263?

It has a 1953 engine, according to the serial number it was a new crate engine in '53 or later. 

I'm working on my own 1940 Buick Coupe, and have watched your video about doing the valve job on your car many times!  Sorry to hear you are selling your Sedan, I'm sure you have your reasons, and I hope it ends up with someone who will enjoy it for many years to come.

Thank you for posting your videos... You've been a huge help to me in so many way!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a good ol' car. C'mon, somebody needs this!

Posted (edited)

I guess I'm going to be writing an ebay listing soon, so I might as well start now.

1. new brake cylinders and shoes all 4 wheels, brake drums turned

2. new master cylinder and brake hoses front wheels

3. all gauges work, ammeter, oil pressure gauge, temp, fuel, speedometer, odometer. The "Trip odometer" doesn't work.

4. new valve job includes hardened seats so don't need to add lead to fuel. I only drive with non-ethanol fuel!!!

5. all wheel bearings packed and new seals, all fluids changed regularly, tranny, rear, steering, no leaks.

6. has a 1953 engine, 263 cubic inch, Buick straight 8 like the original, extremely good engine runs like Usain Bolt

7. Four new Goodyear radial tires 3 years ago have 4,000 miles on them.

8. Electric wipers work, horn works, no radio, heater doesn't work only drive in the summer, vents work.

9. Paint job needed, surface patina but no rust through, all panels solid as a rock, no bondo anywhere, really solid car.

10. Original interior needs redone or drive it as is, like I do. Original seat in back not bad, front seat shot has seat cover. Original ceiling cloth sketchy.

11. All windows and doors work. Left wind wing crack but not broke. All glass original so foxing of lamina around edges.

12. Cigarette lighter and ash tray broke, so don't smoke, or.........quit!

13. Odometer not original, has 23,000 miles on it.

14. Battery getting old, fussy starts, needs new battery.

15. All lights work, headlights, high beams, turn signals front and back, brake lights, dashboard, trunk light. Dome light doesn't work.

16. New water pump.

17. Radiator removed and cleaned professionally at shop. No need for repair.

18. Gas tank removed and cleaned professionally at shop. 

19. Brand new clutch and pressure plate, cost me $2000 for repair.

20. Comes with 6 month money-back guarantee of drive train includes tranny, clutch, rear end, mechanical parts (pistons, crank, bearings, etc.) of engine.

Edited by Morgan Wright
add more (see edit history)

That’s a great pre war Buick! They’re only original once. Buy it and drive it.

Arrrrgggghhhhh...  Don't tempt me...  :unsure: