Nash34

Lawrence aaca Swap Meet

Posted (edited)

This weekend is the annual Lawrence aaca Swap Meet in Lawrence, Kansas. I will be in spot 42 A. 

Selling parts, Ford, early Cadillac, Chevrolet, little Dodge stuff. Mostly teens into the 30s. Some post-war  GM, Ford and AMC products.

Kansas license plate from 1917- 1950's

Edited by Nash34 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The Lawrence aaca Swap Meet started I believe in 1961. At its height in the 90s they were over 800 vendors. 

Over the past five years they averaged somewhere between three and four hundred. 

• Like 1

hmmmm....

I wish I had time and I would drive out to see what the midwest has to offer!

Al

I have more photos but my phone is not letting  me up load them. 

It was a  beautiful day. Little over 400 vendors this year. The two big Pavilions were full. Lots of car parts (1920's and up), tools and memorabilia vendors. 

I end up with couple of parts for my early 1928 AA Ford.  Good working Coleman lantern.

Sold a fair amount of stuff. 

I will be there next year. If you're looking for information for next year let me know. 

Nice pictures,  did you run across anything Locomobile?

Al

Al  last time I ran across locomobile  stuff at a swap meet was Chickasha. Friend of mine and I went down and he had a small steam engine with locomobile written across the front of it. He had taken it down for a friend who lived in the Wichita area. I think his friends still has that little engine. 

• Like 1

Do you have any idea who I could contact to see if the little Locomobile steam engine is still available?

Al