Help Identifying 1928 Chevrolet

Hello! A friend & I just purchased what we think is a 1928 Chevrolet Capitol 1 ton truck. We're not really planning on restoring it as we have some other cars that need more time & money put into them, but we'd like to get what's left of it running to have some fun in.

Anyhow... I don't know a lot about Chevrolet trucks of this era, what are some differences we can look for to determine if it's a Capitol or a National? We're thinking it's a Capitol due to it only having rear brakes (the Manual says the AB has 4 wheel brakes). There's no body on it apart from fenders, lights, what's left of the radiator shroud, and a cowl that we are unsure is original to the car.

I can try and take some pictures to-morrow and post them up.

Since no one has answered you yet, let me suggest you ask your question on the VCCA forum, https://vccachat.org/ .

I have seen several discussions on the 1927 and 1928 Chevy trucks. The differences are not as clear on trucks as with cars. If you can find a serial number and engine number they will help the Chevy experts tell you what you have, keeping in mind most vehicles that age have had their engines replaced.

Good luck.

Don

• 2 weeks later...