Classic Auto Mall

Our AMC Club had a meet Saturday at the Classic Auto Mall in Mogantown, Pa.   The Mall use to be a big multi store shopping mall, all on one level and it went belly up apparently.

So, after being empty a tenant moved in and occupied every inch of the Mall and filled it with Vintage and Collector Cars all of excellent quality. Must have guessing 300 cars in there. 

I was very impressed. Many of the cars are there on consignment and for sale. If you ever are in the area of Mogantown Pa. which isn't to far from Hershey this is a must go to place for Car Guys.

Here's a youtube     www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ws55UQ1Ris

Edited by Doug Novak
corrections (see edit history)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ws55UQ1Ris 

Published on Feb 21, 2018
A visual tour of the new and exciting Classic Auto Mall in Morgantown, PA. From early 1900s cars, barn finds, 50s classics to Ferraris and more with a sales showroom and cars consigned for sale. This is one of the largest collection of antique and classic cars in the world! Please visit www.classicautomall.com.

Open to the public every Wed from 4 to 8 PM.

Only open to the public this one day?

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I've only been to the facility once, to check out a car for a client.  I called beforehand to discuss the car with one of their representatives, just to get a basic feel for the car, and then set up an appointment to go down.  Thank goodness it was only a little over an hour drive, because it was a complete waste of my time.  The car was no where near the condition that it was represented to be in my phone conversation.  I knew from a couple of photos they had posted that there were a few issues (what car doesn't have some?), but seeing it in person was a total disappointment!  On well, it's not the first time I've experienced that, and it probably won't be the last either.  They did have a lot of different vehicles on display and I probably should have take the time to look around, but I just wanted to get out of there at the time.

3 years ago Daughter, Son-in-Love,  Grand Sons and  also  Perry (grand dog ) moved to West Chester Pa.  

Saw sign from Turnpike and visited Classic Motor Mall, about 1 hour  East of Hershey.

Now every trip from Michigan to Hershey and West Chester I visit this very interesting place.

There is no entry fee, they even open it up on Wednesday evenings.

This place is now on my personal list of "must visits", every trip

This year 2019 will be my 56th year at Hershey.

• Like 1

This facility is about 15 miles from where I live. Every Wednesday evening (4-8 pm) they have a cruise-in on their parking lot and an open house in the Classic Auto Mall. I went to one of these Wednesday night events late last summer and spent a good amount of time walking the entire mall looking at cars, trucks, etc.. While there, I spoke with some staff members as to what they do, etc. They told me that the owner of the business had a BIG car collection that was stored in a number of different locations. He decided to buy the Mall (which had been vacant for a few years), put his entire collection in one place and start the business. When one visits you will see his collection as well as a large number of vehicles that are for sale. The For Sale vehicles come from all over, cover a wide range of years, models, prices and grades of vehicles. From what I understand they have a few different ways one can sell a vehicle there. For that information it is best to talk with them. They also rent indoor storage spaces for vehicles, boats, etc. that are located behind the showroom areas that you see when walking through the Mall. I looked at those spaces personally but decided I did not like their shared parking area concept where other renters had access to all the vehicles stored there (ie no individual, secured units/spaces).

An AACA member I know that lives a few blocks away from me used this business to sell an Antique Car. Next time I see her I will have to ask her how that went and what her experience was like doing business with them.

If you are in the area on a Wednesday evening it is definitely worth stopping by between 4-8 pm. Last I heard they are there other days of the week but that is by appointment only (for buying & selling cars, I believe). Probably best to contact them directly for more information.

Like Doug mentioned at the start of this thread they also host Car Club events and Car Shows at their facility. When I was there last summer I heard one gentleman talking to the staff about arranging one of these events for his organization for around 300-400 cars.

Hmmmmm. Maybe this might not be such a bad place to host an AACA National event??? After all, there is a Holiday Inn literally attached to one end of this mall.

Edited by charlier (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Classic Auto Mall has been an exhibitor in the vendor area at the AACA Annual Meeting in Philadelphia the past two years.  Since I'm only 35 miles from Morgantown I have visited their facility a few times, most recently for a swap meet.  They have an interesting variety of vehicles on display and/or for sale and there is probably something for anyone who has an interest in old cars.  Last week members of my AACA Region, the Susquehanna Valley Vintage Sports Car Club, attended the Wednesday cruise in (I couldn't make it.) and from what I've heard they had a great time perusing the hundreds of vehicles there.  

I would recommend that anyone interested in old cars, who is driving on the PA Turnpike by Morgantown, takes an hour or so to visit this unique "Mall".  It is right off the Turnpike and there is no charge to see what's inside.

By the way, the facility was originally the Manufacturer's Outlet Mall and was concieved and built by Kermit Wilson, the founder of Holiday Inn.  It never reached the popularity of the outlet malls in nearby Reading, PA and after some years became a facilty for various furniture sellers.  That also did not work out very well and closed.  It was empty for many years until the Classic Auto Mall opened a few years ago. 

• Like 1